Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lamenting

I'm not sure I'm gonna get used to THIS place. I enable "translation". Great, somebody that doesn't speak English can translate.
NOOOO, that's not what this friggin' thing does: it starts translating EVERYTHING I'm writing into HINDI!!!!
WHAT?
I turned the translation crap OFF - permanently.
I tried to reply to people on the last thread, it was asking ME, the owner of this blog, to post my credentials!!
BUNK!!
I turned all that crap off too - ANYONE can post, I am NOT moderating this place, and I don't want people to have to enter a bunch of letters/words after they try to post a comment.
....
....
I never had that on JS, I ain't havin' it anywhere else.
......
I'm not real happy about any of this situation going on. Me and however many JS refugees like me that aren't happy, either.
It just doesn't make any sense that the site wasn't backed up on disks; external drives; friggin' CD's. I don't know how this stuff works, I do know that everyone on the planet that is in business backs up their drives. I guess everyone but J friggin' S.
.....
I can't get it out of my mind. I'm really TRYING to drop it, but - then again - I only found out TODAY that JS is a goner. People posting that we should just get over it? Sure, GIVE ME SOME TIME, THANK YOU. HALF A FRIGGIN' DAY IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME, THANK YOU AGAIN.
.....
I don't mean to offend anyone, but - have some respect. Some element, an atom's worth of empathy for those of us that are REALLY not liking what happened and yes, it's affecting me/several others GREATLY. Maybe it's just that some had far more vested than others. Granted and understood. Now, PLEASE, grant and understand that I don't get over things like this in 12 hours time. I have 4 years of this vested: or - roughly 1,460 days - I don't even want to try to guesstimate the amout of hours I have into this. Maybe I don't even want to admit it.
...........
When I find something that allows me line breaks instead of the way it's publishing now, I'll stop the dots in between paragraphs/sentences.
.........
Well, I had a lot I wanted to say, but I'm just fed up with this particular day. Good riddance to 2008, 4 hours and 2 minutes until 2009. If I wanted to digest the expert's take on 2009, then I would probably be getting sick as the predictions are far worse than what has already happened this year.
..........
I'm ending this before I really start into things...................
G'nite.
Oh, and if you don't see me for 2 or 3 days, it's cause I'm out-of-town, at my dad's place and I don't have internet access.
ben

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Ben. i know how you feel. what i miss the most is all the nice comments to what i posted. i keep hopeing that JS will somehow come back. have a great time at your dads
**hugs** Sarah.

Tristram said...

I think people are coping with it by trying to stay positive and trying to keep others upbeat, they're not necessarily telling you to get over it, they're trying to say that all is not lost.

I didn't know what translate did either, that is pretty funny! have a good time at your dad's.

Sunny said...

Hi Ben, I'm getting my mind-set in gear.

Actually looking forward to a new year, and ~~~ me too, "trying" so hard to get through this heartbreaking time with the split-up of Journalspace.

We all kinda got *DUMPED* did'nt we?

Hope you have a good New Year, and 2009 is awesome for you.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Lost! Good to see you! I dunno about JS coming back, but if it does, everything we've done on there is gone forever :( Hugs to you, too!

Tris:
I understand what you're saying - I just needed a moment to grieve the dearly departed. I'm ready to move on at this point - I have the ashes, which ocean shall we dump them over? Maybe send them in the next ship to the "Apartment In The Sky"?
Thank you.

Judy: It's the New Year, I didn't stay up and I'm gettin' ready to leave.
Happy New Year to you and everyone else! Yes, we hope it's good for all of us!
ben

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...