Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday

For a day that had me doing no deliveries at work, it certainly was busy. I left the yard this morning and didn't return until an hour before time to go home. Driving the semi all over Phoenix.
Tomorrow will be more of the same. Pick up a load of pipe at a manufacturer, go back to the yard, load up more stuff and then take the material out to the intended jobsite.

Back to Phoenix, load up for Wednesday. Wednesday I am doing the "Tucson Run". Every Wednesday the main branch loads up a semi headed for Tucson or Tucson loads up a semi headed for Phoenix. They take turns. This time, it's our branch because we need some 40 foot pipe to deliver to a jobsite and the boss said he would do the run this time since we need it done that day.

Whenever I come home from work, the dogs are all excited to see me. Wagging their tails, making all kinds of noise, basic chaos. Then, when I get changed and come in here to write up a fresh entry, they all lay down and pass out - as if they have been going all day long! I'm serious, only in a dog's life.

Anyway, the letter wars move on. Mary left me yet another note this morning, replete with a small trash canister full of trash. Her complaint? That "no-one else is cleaning up this bathroom, I am cleaning it up 3 times a week", yada yada yada. I stopped cleaning the tenant's bathroom some months ago - I don't use that bathroom and the tenants should be accountable for cleaning up after themselves.

The note included the statement that she had cleaned up the bathroom floor with paper towels stated that I needed to look at those dirty towels - in the trash can - in front of my computer. I did not look into the trash can and I put it back in front of her door. It isn't my trash and frankly, her attitude around her is going further and further south with each passing day. Heck, it isn't even my trash can! It must be hers, I doubt the new tenant put one in there.

I thought about responding that she took clean dishes out of the dishwasher this morning, some of her cups, but didn't bother to put the rest of them away. Or the fact that she never takes out the trash in the kitchen. Or the fact that I have requested several times that she not do partial loads of laundry - wasting energy and water. Or a lot of other things. Instead, I am not replying to her at all. I have given her all the notices that need be given, unless something else comes up, we aren't on speaking terms; my son, Michael, their friends and Ken, the newer tenant - ALL dislike her greatly. Her sour, rancid, obnoxious attitude and behavior around here has gone far enough. Tomorrow marks the first day that I can go to court and file for eviction. Money is tight, so - not doing that until I get paid. If she pays me the rent, then I will definitely be considering giving her a 30-day notice. That's simply a notice that says the rental agreement will end and will not be renewed after 30 days. I think I have to give that at the last day of the month.

I tried to call the new mortgage company today - the same recording I have gotten every time I call. It states that wait times are long, we apologize, yada yada. The MagicJack has quit working altogether and I don't want to waste minutes of my company's cell phone time on a call that has nothing to do with my company. I guess I'll have to do it on the landline at work - though I do have a new Magic Jack device ordered and it has been sent out.

I'm guessing Michael is gone for the week and definitely so is Caleb, so I only have my mouth to feed. I have some leftovers from this weekend. Most notably, after I made the chicken and rice casserole, on the same day, I also just cooked up the other package of chicken. It was going to go bad - at least by the date and usually those dates on those packages are pretty close or even right on. I am going to use some Mexican tomato sauce (spicey), tear up the chicken into pieces, mix the sauce in with it, cook it for a while, and then make chicken tacos out of it. They are QUITE good, much better than you might think. Everyone traditionally thinks of beef, and yes, beef is wonderfully good in tacos - but the chicken is a different twist/taste and it's pretty darn good. Not to mention the fact that I love tacos.

Umm, well this entry is getting long and I have some things to do. Must go out and check the freshly planted plants - probably need more watering I'm guessing. Dog dung needs cleaned up - of course, a daily chore - and whatever else my eye spots out there or in here to do.

ben

10 comments:

Fin said...

Each time I read your account of Mary and her behavior, I think again that there has existed a total misunderstanding from the very beginning as to what was expected of her as a tenant and a worker there. No way am I taking her side, but a lot of her behavior makes sense if she thought she was going to be given more credit for the work she does.

It is always interesting. She has erased your hard drive, fought with other tenants, had the police there, been habitually late with her payments and annoyed your son. And yet still she is there, now in two rooms. It is no wonder that yours is the first blog I look at these days.

Sunny said...

Your third paragraph about the dogs was cute. :)

Oh, and I was wondering about that "Magic Jack" thing......I have seen the commercial about it.

Anonymous said...

Fin:
I know you think that the whole situation was miscommunicated - but even if it was at the beginning, certainly I made it crystaline clear - pure as twice filtered water - after the problems began. My problem with her is the behavior she is exhibiting to everyone in the house. It's just gone overboard. For me, much of the reason she is still here is the cost of evicting her. The newer tenant has paid up 3/4's of the amount to evict him - if it ever came to that - and that money is sitting in a savings account. I made it a point to start making it a provision of the rental agreement that a deposit is mandatory.
Also, I gave her a 5-day notice. But, legally, she can pay the rent up before I go to court and that 5-day notice becomes null and void. I then have to give her a 30 day notice that the rental agreement will be terminated after that period and that she needs to go find a new place to live - regardless of whether she's paid rent or not.
Also, up until this month, she has paid her rent on time and made up the back rent in the last couple of months worth of payments for the beginning months when she got way behind. She decided on her own that she would get the door installed and not pay me the rent. She called it a "mistake". I have yet to see what explanation there may be of what mistake may have been made.
Your last sentence was - quite humorous, lol.

Judy: I love my doggies : )
Magic Jack can be a REAL pain in the rear. When it works, it works GREAT! It's crystal clear quality, just like a land-line. When it isn't working, I have to restart the computer and then the Magic Jack device restarts the software by itself. My problem is that you simply can't make it work if you have more than one user account on your computer. The first user comes along, signs in - MagicJack automatically starts up. That person signs out - but MagicJack is still on, on that account. User 2 comes along, logs onto their account, MagicJack starts up on that account, too. Now it's running on 2 different accounts on the same computer - it doesn't work. Then one of several things might happen. ctrl/alt/delete and turn MagicJack off on one account, or, turn off the computer, or - sometimes - unplug the MagicJack out of the computer. I would have already given up on it if it wasn't so cheap.
ben

BonnieBehave said...

If I lived your life, I'd be worn out from all the drama! lol You must have high energy!

Dorrie said...

I think you should really forget about the money she owes you and the money you need to receive... get rid of her!! She is more trouble then all that drama is worth! And from the sound of it, she's getting worse. Are you waiting for her to start destroying things in "revenge"?

Unknown said...

That is the type of attitude nobody wants in any environment where multiple people must spend extended periods of time together. If I lived with people and felt like I did more of the cleaning, I just DID it. If I couldn't communicate with them as an adult, I just kept doing it but didn't do the passive aggressive thing because that just makes people hate you.
You need to get rid of her - that kind of poison will drive away the good people too!

fragilewisdom said...

I like that bit about the dogs. :)

Benita said...

Hey! You sound like a good cook! Your recipes are making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie: I don't know about high energy, but I do like to stay very active. I have observed all of my life people that are getting older that don't do anything versus those that force themselves to keep moving. It's purely anecdotal, but the ones that keep moving are the ones that are around longer for the most part.

Dorrie: Well, it isn't what she owes me that's holding things up, it's my next paycheck. I read AZ landlord/tenant law frequently and carefully. She has all the way up until a court date to pay up, even in court she can pay everything up and the judge will rule for both of us, sort of. For me, that I get my rent, for her, that she can still stay. She has to pay all late fees and court costs after the forcible detainer has been filed in order to do that, though. So, if she does that (insisting on staying in a place where she is at this point not well received by anyone), then I have to issue a 30-day notice. Can't just get rid of her, have to do it the legal way.

Tuesday: Understood. She does have a certain type of venom that comes out when she bites, it can get pretty awful.

Fragile: But it's so TRUE!!! lol

Benita: Started cooking when I was 4 years old. Was cooking without help by the age of 6. I was home a lot with severe asthma and a lot of other allergies and allergic reactions I had to many, many things. I had to find something to do with my time - learning how to run a house was one of them!
Tonight's fare, simple really: Fried pork chops with pork gravy; mashed potatoes and - I haven't decided on the veggie but I'm leaning towards spinach.
ben

someone said...

Get rid of Mary! She has been a problem from the start, and your other tenant, and own children, don't like her. Life is too short to live with these problems and issues.

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...