Sunday, January 18, 2009

Plants

well, I'm sitting here watching the Cardinals game - but I was just outside inspecting my plants.
What has it been, 3 weeks now that I finally got a fence up out back that actually keep the Danes out of the "dog free zone"? Think so. That's because they continued to destroy the plants in the area where they were going at it with the dgo next door.

I was getting - pissed - to be honest. I got that chain link fence and all that came with it for $25. Put it up temporarily - I didn't get the big end posts that you need to really make it a permanent setup - but I did set some top rail into the ground just like end posts and made it very secure.

So, the 3 honeysuckles that those dogs literally destroyed? Actually putting out new leaves!

You have to realize that one of those plants was trampled all the way down to a few sticks sticking out of the ground. The other 2 the same way but with a little more "stickage" left. NO greenery whatsoever. I was going to dig them out of the ground and chuck them, but I decided to keep watering them and see if they would put out any new shoots. ALL of them are doing so!! Now, it might be next to forever before they ever look really good again, but I ain't chucking a living plant. Not when they're showing signs of coming back to life. I had NO idea whether they would be able to put out new leaves or not after being shucked to nothing in terms of the leaves.

I was sitting here looking for process servers a while ago when Mary and my next door neighbor came in. I didn't try to hide what I was doing. They went in the back and came back out carrying a chair. They tried to go out the sliding glass door right next to me, but the doggy door is taking up a lot of space in that door. Enough room to walk in and out, but not much room for carrying things through it. They were standing RIGHT behind me, attempting to do this, and I had a screen up with PROCESS SERVER in huge letters. I could feel the eyes on me and the screen.

Really, I wasn't doing it for her to see, I didn't think one way or the other about whether she would see what I'm doing or not. I have every intention of going down to the courthouse tomorrow and starting the procedure. I am also getting my digital camera out and taking pics and maybe even a video of the door that was installed. She claims that if she leaves, she's going to take it down. QUITE illegal. Once it was constructed, it's my property. I'm not saying I didn't give her permission to put it up, but I most definitely did NOT give her permission to take it down. That's MY call, not hers.

I'm sitting here trying to get my floors to shine. I had no idea that the floor stuff I was using is not floor wax at all. Read the directions, dummy. Well, I did what the instructions say and it still ain't shining. No more of this stuff, I'll have to spend the couple extra bucks to get actual floor wax.

Umm, Cardinals are taking this game away to the heavens. 20-6. Eagles are having a hard time stopping Fitzgerald. In fact, they aren't stopping him at all.

Thinking about going back up to the store and get actual floor wax.
Hmmmm - well if not, at least the floors are clean!
ben

3 comments:

Fin said...

I think until Mary is gone, you might set up a security camera or two INSIDE as well as outside. I do not have the feeling she will go quietly or without some drama.

I hope I'm wrong.

Benita said...

I doubt you can do anything about this situation on Monday...It's Robert E. Lee's birthday...Oh! Excuse me...It's Martin Luther King Day, too! A holiday for the school kids, probably post office and banks as well...

Fin said...

Well congrats to all Cardinals fans, but it did not come quite as easily as you mighta thought,

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...