Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday

I stayed up WAY late last night - quite unusual for me - therefore didn't get up until late this morning.
As I have seen on many other blogs, it's been raining here as well. Started yesterday evening and was going continuously until late this morning. Now it's coming and going.
Plants are getting well-watered for free, thanks to Mother Nature (otherwise known as God)!
I have accomplished almost nothing today.
I haven't had the desire to do much of anything but a little light housecleaning and haven't even started laundry yet.
I was hoping to take my birthday day off tomorrow - but the boss never got back to me about whether I could or not and he left early on Friday to go to an appointment with a tax preparer.

Basically, he wants to avoid having me take that particular day off if there's a workload that requires both drivers. Understandable - but I want to get it in before I lose the priviledge, as corporate only allows it during the month of your birthday. So, I'll ask for this coming Friday off since the other driver left early on Friday - otherwise I would have taken that off instead.

Frankly, if it's going to keep raining, there isn't going to be much work to do. Any job sites will shut down when they get too wet and muddy - the general contractors don't want the site messed up by the mud and they don't want all that stuff tracking out onto the street.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say - kind of in this thinking mode right now about numerous things going on.

C'yall later.
ben

4 comments:

Dorrie said...

hi Ben!

Lostkittens is registered at my forum... go to the membership list there and send her a pm. Gee, that's what the forum is for! lol

BenB said...

Okay, thanks. Took me a while to find the list of all registered users. Someone else in a post on your forum said they had sent her a PM but never got a response. I sent her one anyway.

Fijufic said...

Is Mary staying Ben?

Bobby

BenB said...

Bobby:
I would let her stay if the following occurs: Court judgment paid in full; first and last month's rent; security deposit.
I've been running ads and not getting a lot of response - there are literally hundreds of room rental ads being run on Craigslist here every single day, there's apparently a lot of competition.
Still, I have a potential renter coming tomorrow and another in queue. I'm weighing my options here, is all I can say about that. Mary's mother just died and she no longer has to pay her share of her mother's assisted living expenses. Mary may very well be playing mind games with treating the other tenant very well - whereas before she was treating him like s***, and treating my son and Michael and everyone pretty well. The biggest issue I've had with her since she moved in was the "work for reduced rent" business, because it wasn't clearly spelled out. That being because she said when we signed off on the rental contract that she didn't want to do it. It has caused more contention than it was worth. She HAS done a LOT of work around here on the outside fixing up the front in landscaping and doing almost all of the walls either herself or one of her boyfriends. Right now, in my situation, money talks and at work, the rumor of our hours being cut back to 35 hours per week is resurfacing.
The economy sucks and I doubt the government is going to be able to fix it - they're just wasting that money as far as I can see it, but who knows. I am trying to protect myself here as best as possible.

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...