Saturday, February 21, 2009

There doesn't seem to be...........

..........any lack of "things" going on around here on any given day.
Now, I've spent a good portion of today working on attempting to figure out a totally unknown realm of this thing called a "Home Wireless Network". I had NO clue that the rather expensive modem for this thing I bought some time ago actually has a built in wireless router!

I found that out earlier. The old router that that tenant left behind was a piece of garbage. I actually had to reformat the computer AGAIN because I did "something" to it that - no clue. Just lost internet and it wouldn't come back up. Some settings were changed and that was that.

Well, I'm fooling with that and decided to BBQ some fresh chicken breast I bought on sale yesterday. Got that stuff going, came back inside. Heard a loud crashing noise outside and went out the back door. There's a 70 foot tall pine tree in my neighbor's back yard. Part of it overhangs my yard. It's a nice tree, not saying anything's wrong with it, cepting' some dead branches.

Here's a neighborhood guy up that tree with one of those saws that cuts branches with at least a 20 foot extension on it, cutting off branches which are crashing into my backyard and land on .......... MY PLANTS. The old man back of me says "Uhh, you might want to get something and cover up your plants!".

I wasn't happy. It was quite obvious these branches were going to end up in my back yard - no big deal there, I could clean up THAT mess - but also that that numerous plants are RIGHT below where those branches are going to be falling. A simple visit to my house beforehand would have sufficed. I was not particularly happy. He offered and apology and said:"I guess I should have hollered at you first". Yes, indeed, you should have. I know I would definitely have if the places were reversed.

I haven't been real happy with these people for some time now, anyway. This is the family with 2 properties lining my back fences - and also where the residential landfill is located. He has more junk back there than he will ever do anything with. He continues to hoard more and more junk - appliances, evap coolers, cars, furniture. It's sitting out in the open and getting rained on every time inclement weather hits our area. It's also the source of the scorpions that have had their little stinging parties on fully 2 separate occasions now.

I try to be civil with people, but some of this stuff is too much. I was out there again, today, for a long time, pulling up yet MORE weeds that are coming from yet another neighbor's yard. I looked over their fence: HUGE weeds and also grass that has grown over 2 feet tall. I was thinking of buying weed control and spraying HIS yard with it. He has rock over there, it's not like he's TRYING to grow grass there.

Well, anyway. I'm back to trying to figure out this network stuff. I figure if I spend enough time at it - weeks maybe - lol - I'll figure it out.

I found almost a whole can of paint that I didn't know I had earlier - I was going to go out and buy another gallon to paint that room - standing down on that one. There's plenty of paint in there to paint a room and I will do it sometime tomorrow morning, hopefully.

Anyway, done for the night.
ben

2 comments:

becomingkate said...

I think in your neighbour's case, you can report him to the city. A few weeks after I had moved into the house (and stored boxes beneath the deck) some of them blew out across my yard.
I got a letter from the city saying they'd FINE me if I didn't move them asap. MY OWN YARD! But apparently, they "lowered property value". This was after about a week, so someone got on it quickly.
In your case, they're inviting scorpions, which I can't even imagine dealing with!

Anonymous said...

I've reported them several times to the city. They won't do anything unless the city comes along and threatents them with fines. It's a little ridiculous to have to call the city every time I need to get them to cut down their weeds. The guy behind me? I reported his landfill to the city and they wrote me an email back saying there "is no violation". REPEATED phone calls to the city official that wrote me that email went unanswered and unreturned. I'm thinking of going down there with a list of properties around me - addresses - and filing complaints in person.
ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...