Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday

It's starting to get warmer. 85 right now. Come home to a house that's about 95 inside. Yup, had to break down and turn on the AC. But only for a few hours until the sun goes down and then it will cool off again. It's far too early to start warming up this much. We're not even out of February. I remember years in recent history where it was cold all the way up to April, then it started warming up, May starts getting warmer until the peak of June - when literally all hell breaks loose.

I'm kinda waiting til' it cools down at least a little to take the dogs for a walk. I noticed that even with what I've been doing, I'm still putting on fat - slowly, but - I want to reverse that totally. It's obvious that I'm going to have to step it up. I'm all for it - I just wanted to ease back into heavy workouts instead of jumping right back into it. I mostly only drink water and some coffee, with a little milk here and there. I'm eating twice a day - I eat well on those two times, yes, but the first meal is a large salad with all kinds of veggies and some ham. The second meal is whatever I want, but quantities are not large as I'm not that hungry after that first meal.

Admittedly, my workouts have been fairly light. The mountain climbing is good, but the duration isn't long enough for the intended result - only because I am concerned the Danes won't be able to handle it, keel over and croak, otherwise known as a heart attack. I figure, though, that I can start going on a little longer walk at this point. I want them to be in good enough shape that by summer, they aren't going to be dying out there if I walk them. If they do, I'll be going without the dogs and they will just have to stay home. As it stands, evne if they can handle it pretty well, I'm going to have to get a dog cargo pack for one of the Danes and make him carry water for everyone.

Regardless, I will get my workouts back to where they used to be, I just don't think it a good idea to suddenly start cranking out as if you're in top condition. I've heard of people actually dying from heart attacks because they start too fast, too hard, too much, too soon. When I was younger, wouldn't think twice. Start getting a little older - will definitely think twice about it.

Now that I'm facing warm enough days to warrant the use of AC, I am going to have to install that new doggie door soon. Like this weekend soon.

Plus so many other things I would love to get done around here but for want of one thing: Money, honey.

Anyway, today at work was good. Busy enough to stay busy and not have to try and invent things to do. Tomorrow is looking pretty good as well, at least for half the day. After that, who knows. It seems that stuff comes up at the last moment quite often nowadays. Contractors wait until just at or before the time they need materials to have them delivered. Before? They'd order the whole project's worth of materials at one fell swoop, it would all be delivered out there at the beginning of the project and any subsequent visits would just be for things they didn't foresee, such as engineers or city inspectors making changes on a site's plans.

I'm a wee bit tired and want to take a short nap before I go on the walk.

C'ya later!
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...