Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Whole Package

My money spent on things outdoor is put on hold at this point. At least until I get paid again, anyway. The rock and the grass, plus the trellises and accompanying hardware? Enough. I bought the final rolls of grass I think I will need - the rock spreading is going quite nicely, thank you.
That project will be done today sometime. I have to knock down some dirt to level out the surface in order to plant the remaining grass rolls.
I'm undecided whether I will have the energy/time to start on the trellises - though admittedly it's nothing more than digging two, 2 to 3 foot deep holes; attaching 2 2X3 beams together with hardware - twice; inserting said beams into ground - possible cement, though I would rather just beat them in the rest of the way with a sledge hammer; attach the trellises and it's basically done.

That's actually a lot more than it sounds. Ummm, well whatever. I have the basic Sunday chores to do around here as well, which is why I'm quaffing on the trellis project. I have a lot of weeds to pull on the east side of the house - but - I think I will wait until the poison takes full effect, hopefully getting down to the roots. So - this week after work will be busy as well, trying to get the place nicely finished for the upcoming party.

How many will actually show? Who knows. I'm expecting a minimum of 50 people, anyway, including my immediate neighborhood. I already have 18 pounds of ground beef; 1 huge picnic roast and some steaks, leaving nothing but chips, burger buns, and other basics left to go. Oh, and a few packages of brats. That's 56 hamburgers worth, enough pulled pork BBQ to feed another 15 people, and then whatever on top of that. I have received a few gifts - which has paid for much of the meat, but not all of it. I bought more today while I was out because Fry's sale on it is quite good at $1.88 per pound for 93% lean ground beef. It comes on sale here and there - but not that frequently, to the point I will buy even more and freeze it for future use/food storage. I think you can keep it in the freezer for 3 months before you actually better start thinking about using it. It never stays anywhere NEAR that long in my freezer.

Anyway, I have a lot of work to do and I best git to gettin' to it.
Happy Sunday!
ben

3 comments:

becomingkate said...

Good luck getting ready for the party!

Labetine said...

Have fun Ben and happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks back to ya both!
ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...