Sunday, May 31, 2009

Her

We talk daily - either in email; IM's or on the phone.
My phone has unlimited long distance, so calling her doesn't cost me anything.
I have never seen her, I know that from her self descrtiptor she is on the heavy side but has been steadily losing weight for some time.
Her home is situated in the forest, her property adjoins National Forest land.
She has 2 dogs and has a great career.
She has lots and lots of friends.
She determined that she wanted to try and find someone that wasn't related to the company she is working for.
I wrote an ad on Craigslist, she, along with a LOT of other ladies responded.

Hers stood out to me. The reply was genuine. It was long and detailed - nothing different than the way I write and really, what I like to read. I'm into the details of things, and I like reading people's blogs and things that go into details.

We talked at length today - the connection kept getting cut off, there was a storm coming through where she lives and her cell reception cuts out periodically when that happens.

Of course, the inevitable has occured. We want to meet each other in person. I'll take depth of character and personality over looks anyday. Not that I have any clue what she looks like - but I never want to get involved with the wrong person, ever again. I have taken steps to ensure that we get to know each other as much as possible via electronic communications LONG before I ever thought about a meeting in person.

I can't possibly think of going up there and spending a night in a hotel or whatever right now - it would have to be a day trip. Up, visit, back. I have had some pretty miserable results with the CL ladies I've met or talked to online so far - but I feel so much better about the potential here just because of our back and forth communication for a couple of months now.

If you think I've been distracted lately, well, here's a portion of that equation. That with the issues with Mary and the probability that the other lady tenant will be moving out sooner or later - she's trying to buy her own house as far as I can tell. Not that I blame her - if you can get a place and afford it, nice.

Speaking of that, allegedly, within the next half hour or so, the next potential tenant is showing up. The only thing I know so far about this person is she proclaims to be Christian and was going to go to church before coming over here. Fast forward - planted 2 plants, watered them, waiting for this person to arrive: no-show.

BUT, she just called. She said she got caught up after church talking with people and hanging with her son who is with her on the weekends. She now wants to come over tomorrow. I have no other leads right now, just endless emails with people who are half serious but make no commitment to at least come and view the property. That's the way it is with Craigslist - on most things, not just renting out rooms - I've learned to tolerate it. One guy just wrote a while ago saying a garage was a necessary apportionment to his renting out a room, and even agreed to pay more money for the use of it.

I have no garage. I am not building one any time soon. Sorry.
Next?

Oh, and I'm attempting to work out my summer visits to people. My dad - I want to go down there even if I really shouldn't be taking time off of work. I can show up for July 4th weekend if he's open for that and spend a couple of days. I can do an overnight at mom's place and I can now do an overnight at my lady friend's house. NO, it's NOT going to be doing THAT!!! We are both on the SAME page, thank God Almighty. She has guest rooms - she already eluded to that a while back - that I could stay in overnight. I think I would fall in love with the place, if not with her as well - it sounds like a dream property. I'm just a guy - I don't want to grow old alone and I definitely AIN'T gettin' no younger!

Umm, and I pulled out that giant plant today. It has nice looking flowers - but the rest of it looks like a giant weed. It got to the point I couldn't stand looking at it - I now believe it IS a weed - whatever the case, it came right out and I immediately planted one of my potted plants in it's place.

That's it, really. Considering it's almost bedtime, that's definitely it!
G'nite!
ben

3 comments:

Fin said...

It has been my experience that you would be much better off meeting in a neutral place halfway between where you each live. BG and I had our first meeting in Florida and several additional meetings before either of us went to the others home. We felt there were good reasons for this. Just sayin'. Has she sent you a recent picture of herself? If not, why not?

And getting blown off for appointments to see the room at the last minute doesn't sound too promising either. I really wish you better luck this time.

BenB said...

Well, she went out and had professional photos taken of herself - but she wants me to send mine first. I keep putting it off - I want to take some fresh pics but I need a haircut badly. Been putting off things I don't absolutely have to spend money - haircuts included - until I figure out how to resurface from this latest financial blow. Getting another tenant in the house is an absolute must - but agreement, this woman is not going to be moving in here, because today is the 3rd time she's blown off the appointment, and really, I don't WANT to hear from her again.
We were thinking of meeting up in her town, but at a restaurant or something. She has a 3 bedroom house with 2 guest beds. I haven't made any commitments yet, just that we want to meet. I'm a bit preoccupied with my financial concerns and driving up there would cost another chunk of change in gas money, and it would be totally lame for me to expect her to pay for dinner or whatever, I would at least have to cough up half the ticket - so I'm not really sure this is such a good idea right now - ceptin' I have been talking with her for some time now and we definitely get along great - on the phone anyway. I'm basically not spending money on anything that I don't absolutely have to - which is really the only prudent thing to do. I may decide not to meet her for another month or more until I get this mess figured out.

Fin said...

You could send her the link to the on-line video taken of you in prep for your foreclosure party. You looked good in that piece.

I fully understand the male need to pay for all or most of any get-togethers. In many cases it is totally proper. But the push for equality, together with the reality that the woman may often have more disposable income than the man does, are worthy of serious consideration by both of you.

The important thing is that you both know and accept the rules going in. If it is agreed that it is going to be dutch, then at least nobody is embarrassed or upset at the end of the date.

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...