Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jail?

I went to see Star Trek again with Ken.
So, anyway, I shut my cellphone ringer off, of course, for the show. Nothing worse than people's cellphones ringing in theatres - well, there is something worse - people taking the call and actually talking.

Star Trek is a great show, I highly recommend it even to non-Trekkies - it's a much different format and - well it was cool. Won't be going to the theatres again for quite a while, sort of my summer vacation. Really - it is.

Anyway, I get out of the theatres, go to Fry's and buy some dog food.

Get home, look at my phone. There is a missed call on it.
I call the number back on my home phone, it's Mary. She didn't answer.
MARY CALLED ME - WITH AN ORDER OF PROTECTION?!!!
Worse, she left a message! She informed me in this message that she doesn't have any clothes for work and "you need to call me back".

The Order I have against her includes NO - CONTACT - not by phone, email, nothing. I could call the police, right now, show them the number and let them hear the message, and then have her arrested. She would sit in jail until Monday when a judge would probably release her - whether with bail or own recognizance, I dunno.

Mary's tones towards me is what causes me to want to just be totally brazen towards her. She didn't even ask nicely, it was like mommy talking to her offspring.

I'm tempted, I'll tell you that. A person that is willing to break an order of protection - just defy the judge and the court - is a person that has several screws loose, at best. It states CLEARLY on the order NO CONTACT. I'm actually shocked that she crossed that bridge, really, I am.

I'm really not sure if I want her to spend the weekend in jail or not. As I said, it was the WAY she said it - a directive, I MUST get her clothes, I NEED to call her back. If it were me, I would have had a friend call - a friend that can be nice regardless, and have that friend go over and get the clothes for me. That's what I would have done.

What say ye?
ben

5 comments:

Dorrie said...

on the other hand, what would happen if you DON'T notify the police that she broke the rules? would they still take YOU seriously? think about it....

BenB said...

Yeah, I know - I have thought about that. It's hard to think about having her sitting in jail until Monday, though, just the way I am I guess. I dunno, teetering here.

Fin said...

The reason (among many) that you are in this position is because she gets away with everything she tries.

If I were SURE that the phonecall violated the order, I would have her arrested immediately. Failure to do so will only encourage her to continue to treat you with the contempt which she has constantly shown.

How seriously is a judge going to take your position if you ignore violations when it suits you? Sounds to me like she NEEDS a night or two in jail for a little reality check.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben

I too agree with what Fin has said.

West Aussie
(Neil & Lynne)

BenB said...

Thanks for the comments, my actions on this matter have been identified in my newest posting.
ben

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...