Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mary

"I'll do it, myyyyyyyyyaaaawwwwyyyyyyy wayyyyy".
As always, Mary does things her own way.
In this case, completely ignoring the directive of the judge.
The judge issued the directive, via a modification of the Order of Protection, that we email each other about when she is to come and get her stuff.

I emailed her 3 times on 3 consecutive days.
She replied NONCE.
She was supposed to show up, originally, at 1:00 pm today with a U-Haul and several people to get her things out of here.
I didn't put it past her to do such a thing without notice, even though a court ordered it.
At 1:30, I figured a done deal - she ain't showing.

Wrong.

At 3:00 pm, the police are at my gate.
I go out there.
I inform them of the judge's directive.
It is, rightfully, left totally up to me.
Get her stuff out of here, that's what my head was screaming at me, and that's what I allowed.

But looking at the pickup, it was quite obvious that was NOT going to suffice.

There was only contention about a coffee cup and silverware. The coffee cup I gave up on - just take it, go ahead, have the coffee cup, I have a dozen more. She said no, I could "have" it, and left it. Silverware? Geeze. I had no clue where mine starts and hers ended. I offered that she could take out what she thought was hers and then I would look at it to see if I agreed with it or not.

She decided to leave ALL of her silverware, at my behest. I countered - you have a lot of stuff in there, go ahead and take what's yours. No. She left all of that stuff. She did, of course, take everything else. No problem there, but her bedroom is STILL - FULL - of her stuff. They took some things out of there, yes, but to look at her room right now? Totally full.

I did not want to have to deal with this tomorrow - I have yet another BBQ planned, this time a Memorial Day get together. Not with strangers, either.

The police asked if they could come, I said no, I have plans, they will have to try some other day. Then Mary's friend asked again - if she and some "male friends" could come without Mary to get the rest of it - no need for police since Mary won't be there. I thought no - again - but my head said - what are you thinking? Get that stuff OUT of here.

So, I said yes, at 8:00 am, you can come over and get the rest of this stuff. I'm already well awake by 8:00 am, and this gives them time to undoubtedly make at least 2 trips, cause' I don't see it happening in one. I was rather critical of them not just renting a U-Haul or similar and getting it over in one fell swoop. It becomes apparent that Mary has blown her money yet again and can't pay for a U-Haul.

The objective: get all of it out of here and get that room rented out again. I had 2 stipulations. 1 - the entire thing is video taped by surveillance and that you agree to it, and 2 - no-one in the moving party has any weapongs on them, especially hand guns since Mary has a friend that carries what looks to be a .45 caliper around with him everywhere he goes, including in my house. I had asked Mary a couple of times to tell the dude to check the gun at the curb.

So that's it. The kitchen part is over with - all of her stuff is out of there as well as my storage shed and whatever she had outside plus some stuff from her room. My greatest contention was the kitchen part - the stuff in her room, none of that is mine and I don't NEED to inspect it, as I don't note that anything of mine is missing.

I will be much more aggessively attempting to find a roommate after tomorrow - providing all her stuff is out of there.

Done.
ben

2 comments:

Fin said...

So far, so good.

BenB said...

Fortunately, it's all but over.

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...