Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday

Something seems to kick in internally on Sundays that identifies the circuits within to close and start telling me to clean house.
An impulse that can't be denied, I get moving.
I'm about 1/3rd done - I have a huge list of things I want to get done in here today, as well as more items on the outdoor list as well.

However, I am waiting for the boys to get up to finish the living room. THEY can clean it, and clean it thoroughly.

I have heard nothing back from Mary from the 2 emails that I have sent her inviting her to come get all of her stuff out of here so that I can re-rent that room. I have no intention of waiting forever - she will either come get it or I will put it in storage regardless of the cost. I was thinking a cheaper solution would be to have a container delivered here temporarily - until the time allotted for her to get the stuff expires and then I can simply get rid of it. I do have doubts that I will have to go that far with it - getting rid of it that is - because she most certainly will want all of that back.

They also have those containers they bring, you load it up, and they take it to their storage facility. Just easier, I think than renting a U-Haul and having to unload it again. Just leave it in there. If she NEVER comes for it, have it brought back, unload it, sell it, done.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if she just showed up at the appointed time today without any advance notice - even though she stated in court that she wasn't going to be able to come for whatever reason - she was cut off by the judge and we were allowed no further opportunity to speak. The clerk made up the paperwork, handed it to me and told me to leave immediately, while she went over to Mary and told her to wait a couple of minutes - that's the terms of an Order of Protection, no contact.

Meanwhile, some plants that she transplanted in the front have died. She transplanted them several weeks ago and was not watering them enough. I observed this and started watering them myself, but it was too late. So, I will have to dig those up and think about what I might want to put in it's place. I still have some plants left from the auction that - might - look nice out there, haven't decided yet. Spending money on plants is hardly on the docket of things to do at this point, so, if no plants go in there, I will haul more rocks from the back to the front to cover that bare patch of ground up.

In fact, there is much hauling to do. There are still quite a large number of rocks on the ground in the back and the front could use more of it. So, that's a "fun" project I will at least do some of today as well.

I hung clothes on the lines outside this morning to dry. They were somewhat moist after only 10 minutes out there - the sun is baking that side of the house and those clothes are probably already dry by now. Bring them in, tumbling them on air dry for a few minutes, done. It isn't near the ordeal in hanging them that I thought it might be. I haven't seen either other tenant doing any laundry lately - I am wondering if they are waiting until I'm not here so they can dry their clothes in the dryer.

If it's going to be a sticking point with them, I will not force the issue. I don't think it unreasonable to ask people to help save electricity. But, if they force the issue, I will force back - no laundry to be done between the hours of 10:am and 6:00 pm. Absolutely no good reason to be heating up the house during the daytime.

Ummm, so that's it, for now, as I want to get back to work after taking a little coffee break.
Have a great day!
ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...