Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday

The tree is in the ground. Whether it lives or not - matter of time. Going this morning to get more Vitamin B to put into the ground at it's trunk to help the roots/tree survive the shock. Mom says she's never had luck at having them survive, but I got the whole root ball and I am at least hopeful. Otherwise, it's just a giant Christmas tree in May, dry up, whither away, heaped into the junk pile.

Yesterday was not a particularly productive day for me in terms of weekend projects, I'm hopeful today will be a little different. I finally got a good bite on a person needing a room. In fact, this person appears to be in a bind. I listened to her story - it all sounded well and good - but I had no "instincts" jumping up at me to say yes or no internally. She is allegedly coming over today, which is when I will press the situation and get some details. When people are making up stories, many usually fail the details department. They cut their own throat by going on, and on, and on and finally, the story starts falling apart.

I need the money, yes, but I don't need another nightmare. I would rather let it sit empty until the right person comes along than give into "desperation" and get the wrong person in there that you are then going to have to force to leave, anyway. As it stands, at least a portion of any new rent money coming in is going to have to go to buying some sort of closet set-up - probably from Ikea, as that room has no closet. I could build one, but - it would take too long as I'm not exactly the best carpenter in the world and it would take me a while to get the finished product to my liking. I mean, a closet is nothing more than 2X4's/drywall/door with texturing and trim.

Well, anyway, already started on my Sunday cleaning rituals in scrubbing down the kitchen, sweeping the floor and now off to the mop race.
C'yall later.
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...