Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday

Basically donating time at this point. I was out all day today, got back to the shop, filed my paperwork and then logged out. Then I realized I had to count the cash drawer - which usually takes 10 to 15 minutes depending on what's happened. Tha doesn't have to be done every day, only when a cash sale is made, which is rather infrequent at this point.

The antibiotics are working on both dogs - thank God Almighty. The swelling in Duke's neck has subsided considerably and Prince's paw is looking better as well. I was reading online several sites about giving antibiotics, several say a minimum of 7 days even if the wound looks better, and better 10 plus days. Apparently antibiotics can stop working if you don't give enough and for a long enough period of time. No worries, I have enough to last both of them for a while. I bought enough last time to cover any emergency that might come up, plus I just received another 100 count bottle in the mail yesterday to cover any lack that the first bottle may have.

The savings is substantial. I don't have to go pay a vet $50 to tell me what I already know: the dog needs antibiotics. I also found out the name of the good stuff: fish-flex. I have researched this enough to satisfy my requirement to know whether this stuff is REALLY being sold for dogs or is supposed to only be used in fish tanks. The providers bypass the need for a prescription by labelling/packaging the antibiotics under the pretense that it's for fish health in fish tanks. Cephalexin is the good stuff - I am using Fish-Mox right now, but next time I will switch to Fish Flex. It's a generic name, they all use it. Fish Mox is amoxicillin.
Anyway, I'm just very happy to have found all of this and the required info to go along with prescribing antibiotics for my own dogs.

Next? Dug the holes yesterday, but - the ground is so hard and full of rocks around here, I ended up filling the holes with water and wait until today to finish the dig and hopefully, put in the beams for the laundry-line setup. I have decided that instead of removing the electrical cord to the dryer, I will simply unhook the heating element/s inside the dryer. That way, those that want air-fluff can do so at-will, those that want heat-dry - can take it outside, cause' it's plenty hot out there - ie: right now it's 103 degrees.

Fry's called me today. It was the "meat manager", don't remember his name. He was from corporate, I believe. He informed me that there is a chicken sale going on right now and that there's plenty of chicken available. Yes, I know there's a sale, and yes, I know there's plenty of chicken. Informed him that another individual named Chad from his company had already dealt with this situation - seemingly a LONG time ago and that I was satisfied with the result. It kinda irked me that this guy called me after how long? ---- over a week since I filed that complaint online? Better not to call at all, considering the problem had been dealt with at at least a couple of levels. I didn't bother to tell him I wasn't particularly happy with the latest chicken sale: it has pics of chicken drumsticks - which is what I went to get, and then find out it's chicken legs - the whole thing. What can I say, I'm a fan of drumsticks and thighs after chicken breast. I don't like buying the whole leg, I prefer to buy it already cut up. Lazy? Maybe, just me I guess. Overall, Fry's is a great store so no big deal. I was going through the flyers yesterday and found nothing of great interest in any of them from any of the stores. The "good" stuff comes and goes, gotta jump on it when it comes.

I haven't spent that gift card yet - hopefully it doesn't have an expiration anytime soon, I'm waiting for certain things to come on sale and the swoop in, spend the entire card, and have a good take on it.

I dunno. I have no desire to traipse out into 103 degree heat and start installing things into the ground. Wait until later, I think. Maybe get one done today and the other done tomorrow and finish the project on Saturday. I'm thinking of applying at grocery stores - Albertson's/Safeway/whatever for a cashier's position. Maybe there aren't any openings, but I am going to at least try. I would try at Fry's, but I would have to go to a store I haven't started "trouble" at, lol. There's one down the street not too far away - but again, my name is probably "flagged" at that place. Jobs are scarce right now, nothing else to say about it.

With that, I think I will end this one and - take a power nap.
ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...