Sunday, June 28, 2009

Moving On..............

............from that rather dire last post, I have finally figured out what happened to my printer. Canon printers - at least this one - give out a blinking light code to tell you what is wrong with it.

Mine was blinking an orange light 7 times and then green.

Upon searching the internet, I found a forum where someone had posted the same problem with the 7 blinking lights. An individual who apparently knows all about this stuff came back and said it's a "carriage" problem and that something is not aligning right inside of the carriage.

Nice. I started to inspect the printer. It was cracked in several places and some fo the plastic was broken. It has obviously been dropped on the floor. Because it happened several weeks ago, I can't go back to video surveillance to find out exactly who did this little deal. A simple apology goes a long way with me......

So, I consider the printer trashed. Which sucks because I just had all the cartridges refilled on it. I found another one of the same brand and model on Craigslist and have made an offer on it. A cheap offer, yes, it's an old printer. You can buy a new one for $40 - a cheap printer no doubt, but I don't need anything fancy. So, I figure a printer that old isn't worth more than maybe $15 at most. I just want to try to find another one because of the ink factor. The printer actually does a great job - even color pics turn out pretty good.

Anyway, I'm trying to get some things done before my dad gets "here" - he's going to call me at the restaurant when they arrive, it's only 2 miles from my house. Laundry was first on the list, of course.

Anyway, now that I know what's wrong with the thing - printer that is - I can at least move in some direction with trying to do something about getting another one in here.

Not a great priority - excepting when I need to print out notices. Which I would like to do - right now actually.
Guess I'll write one up and print it out at work.
C'ya later.
ben

2 comments:

becomingkate said...

Sucks about the printer! Hope they take your offer on the other one.

BenB said...

Yes, indeed.
The guy wrote back - he won't take less than $30 for his printer. Considering I can get a brand new printer for $10 more, I wrote back and informed him as such. His ad has been in there for a couple of weeks. Anyone educated on printers will not pay that much money for an older model that does nothing but print - whereas much of the new ones are fax/printer/copiers all in one.

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...