Friday, August 14, 2009

Blabbing Away

The good mood is giving way to sleepiness - which is a good thing.

I'm just staying awake late enough to hopefully get a good night's sleep.
Pete has been lamenting all day about his desire to not leave. He dreads Boston winters.
I have to wonder if his employer - United Airlines - is going to make it through this recession. I hope it does, obviously, the more companies that go under, the harder it is going to be for people to find jobs when the recession IS over.

I didn't do so well in the diet department today. I was doing good until Pete decided to buy pizza. I rarely buy the stuff because of the unbelievable amounts of calories in it, but, I couldn't resist. I ate 4 slices of it. That's somewhere between 1,200 and 1,500 calories worth.

But - in considering dieting - I don't beat myself up for a "bad" day. I just move on with it, there are always going to be days when you pretty much failed and - so what. The point is that I probably consumed about 3,000 calories today - which is FAR more than I have been for any given day in the last several weeks now.

I'm going to bed soon. I have to get up early - which I do anyway so it's really not like it's hard - but I want the place clean when this potential renter comes over in the morning. It will be nice looking and nice smelling in here - like a freshly cleaned home smells.

And when everyone's gone, I'm going to clean the carpets in the entire house. I was going to pay someone to come do it, but that much carpet would cost a fortune to clean. I'll just get a bigger machine that can cover more ground in a shorter time and do all 5 bedrooms plus the hallway and the living room.

Ummm, okay, fatigue just sent in and I think I'm finally ready to go fall asleep.
C'yall tomorrow/Ava G'nite!
ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...