Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 2

About the end of the second day after the rent is due and there is nothing presented from the person that owes it - I start to get a bit annoyed. I find it disrespectful that a person living in another person's house - that knows the rent is due - says nothing about paying the rent.

I hardly believe they have somehow forgotten about it. Ask many people what the first of the month means - bill paying day or days. The fact that it's 2 people that owe me a total of $575 just ups the agitation level. However, I pretty much always give 3 days before - on the 4th day - I start writing notices. Note that after the 1st of the month, even on the second day, I can legally give out a 5-day notice.

My printer is broken anyway, and it's non-repairable. Somebody dropped the thing off the side of the computer desk and it's trashed. I have to write up notices at work now - though I am looking for a good used printer, figure I'll eventually find my deal on Craigslist.

I have spent the day - doing a good deal of cleaning, yes, but also just relaxing, perusing the internet, reading news, watching a little TV (mark that as very little as I couldn't find much on that I was even remotely interested in - though the discovery channel and the military channel are usually good bets for me to find something stimulating to watch versus the daily barrage of garbage that is all over the stations).

I have a 4 day work week and then I'm off for 4 days, plus I turned in my request for 3 days off after Labor Day - if I get it, would mean 6 full days off, go back to work for 1 and then another 2 off. If I don't get it, well - I'll just have to try another request for another date.

Tomorrow - a bit apprehensive. I will be awaiting whatever word comes from management about certain situations and I should find out about the loan mod.

I have nothing more as I am done with posting here for the day.

Have a great week!
ben

2 comments:

becomingkate said...

My old landlord gave us three days to pay the rent, then she started charging us an extra $5/day for every day we were late. I can't recall how long you'd go without paying before being evicted.
Hope the heat lets up some!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hope the heat lets up some as well - but it certainly doesn't look like it in looking at the forecast.
The law concerning rent is that the landlord has to issue a 5-day notice. The notice is a termination of the rental agreement if the rent isn't paid within 5 days. If the tenant doesn't pay within that time period, the landlord can go to court and file eviction papers. And so on - I've done it a couple of times now. It takes just short of a full month to get someone out if it has to go through the full length of the process (in other words, the tenant won't leave on their own, you have to have them forcefully removed by constables from your house). That's in AZ - each state has different rules.
ben

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...