Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday - More

Well I already wrote an entry on my KCL journal - have to go there to see it. Anyway, today marked the beginning of 5 days off. Hootin' hooooooo! Numerous things were accomplished already - I am not going on vacation for these off days, I'm just taking a break from work - like many others in our company are doing right now.
I went to Fry's and bought 3 parvo shots for the dogs - they call them 7 in 1 shots. I don't know what the rest of it is - I think there's something in there for the flu and other junk that I have no clue what it is or what it does. Mixed all 3 doses up, injected them into the dogs. Hadn't done that in a while - none of them made a fuss about it. The price was right, too - at $9.99 per shot, that was cheaper than Walgreens and, I found out, Walmart doesn't sell those shots anymore, at least not at the one I go to.

And yes, I visited Walmart. I don't seem to be able to go into a Walmart without ending up with some kind of problem or trouble. Today was no exception. I was taking my sweet old time looking for a cheap pair of swim trunks, a cheap white T-shirt and some sunblock lotion for our visit to the waterpark tomorrow. Found a Nascar t-shirt for a buck (I'm not necessarily a Nascar fan per se, I like to watch it once in a while - it was just the only t-shirt they had that didn't have something totally tacky written on it for that price), got a pair of swim trunks for 8 bucks and then sunscreen which is - another 8 bucks. It took me quite a while to decide on a pair of swim trunks cause' I wanted a pair that has the little - very little - pocket on the inside. You rent a locker at the place and stick the key in there. I have never lost a key in that kind of setup. It might look a bit - risque in pulling your trunks away from your body in order to get at that key - but I don't care.

So, I go to self-checkout - the full-service registers were filled with people and I only had a few items. I check out - and wait for the printer to print my receipt. I could hear it making noise, but nothing came out. I have had this problem at self-checkout at Fry's before - but they can just print out another one at the main desk sitting right there. NOT so at Walmart. I want a receipt - Walmart is fussy about giving money back without receipts and if my trunks split open or something tomorrow, I want to be able to get my money back.

I notify the attendant of the problem. She can't even print a freakin' receipt. Just appalling. She had to get on the radio and call the front end manager. Freakin' manager was CLEAR at the other end of the lane of registers - about 100 feet away. I watch this lady. She is stopped half a dozen times before even getting close to where we're at. She then goes into another register, puts money into and finally gets to us. I was not particularly happy about having to wait for a receipt, but I kept a smile on my face and just tried to patiently wait.

This woman opens up the entire unit and starts pulling a BUNCH of receipts that had bunched up inside of it. Apparently people don't want their receipts. I ALWAYS get a receipt for everything except maybe at a convenience store buying a bag of ice or something. She's looking for my receipt and can't find it. Claims it didn't print and that I would have to go to customer service to get a receipt. Now this is verging on the edge of outrageous, I'm not asking for frickin' refund, I just want a RECEIPT for something I already PAID for.

I follow this woman to the customer service desk. She approaches a lady working behind the desk and tells her to look up the receipts at register 48 and print mine out. I was still trying to be amenable. We're talking over 10 minutes now, however, to get a bloomin' receipt. I stand there and this lady gets on the phone with someone. She is standing there for several minutes - talking to whoever. There's another lady behind the counter that is doing NOTHING. Why can't THAT lady take care of this? "Excuse me, I have been waiting over FIFTEEN minutes now for a RECEIPT, please get me my receipt NOW, thank you". The woman that wasn't doing anything started mouthing off to me. As the young girl that was waiting on us at Joe's Crab Shack last weekend, this one was young and ready to pounce with a foul, vitriolic demeanor.

I immediately asked for the general manager of the store. The girl gets a vicious look on her face, which only caused me to demand the manager again. A man shows up a few minutes later. I address him about the fact that I'm now well over 15 minutes into waiting for a RECEIPT for the purchases I had made, and then point at the girl and give a short accounting of her demeanor towards me.

The other lady on the phone suddenly gets off the phone as soon as that guy shows up. You can read into that whatever you please. The manager tells her to print up the receipt, JUST as the "lessor" manager had told her to do going on 5 minutes before this. Now this lady informs me it is going to take up to 10 MORE minutes to find my receipt in their system because the computer has to go through all of them to find mine - mine being found by giving her the last 4 digits of the debit card I used to pay for it.

Now I'm starting to fume. This lady made me wait for her phone call and then, have to wait even longer, after already waiting at the self-checkout? The manager comes back to find out what the wait's for. She finally finds it in the system, and then it prints. Well, on top of all this, the manager has to go into a locked room to get the receipt!!

If I were reading this about someone else, I'm sure I would be laughing about it. I'm already over it - as I have just scored a $25 gift card from Walmart for the ordeal. Yes, I called the district manager, her assistant answered, I told the story from front to end, she immediately said that was outrageous, unnaceptable and that she was issuing me a $25 gift card and would be sent out in the morning.

That just paid for all the stuff I just bought at Walmart. I have frequent endings like this - but for the record, I don't go into a store, looking for trouble so I can get freebies. It just happens that way sometimes - I'm just not the kind of person to let stuff like this go. Not when I know if I'm persistent, I can get something out of it. I was never rude with anyone. When the little girl mouthed off to me, I didn't address her directly about it rudeness, I immediately asked for management.

I also went to Great Clips. The lady the cut my hair wasn't talking to me at all. She was of a particular "persuasion" that - well I could feel "it" in the air. I broke all of that tension up. I can always chat with the ladies - even this "kind". I brought out all kinds of subjects, but finally got her going on one. The water park tomorrow. This woman went into all kinds of stuff - particularly her visit to Universal Studios and the Tower of Terror ride. She HATED it. Click - I HATED that ride, too! I'll never forget seeing the pic they take - and try to sell to you for some unbelievably high price - of the entire group of people. I was crouched down, white as a ghost, looked like death warmed over.

She had had the same experience. Then I got into a discussion about the new waterpark we intend on visiting tomorrow. I said that I had waited a while to visit it - I figure a new park like that needs - a lot of guinea pigs - to go through there and make sure the bugs are worked out before I will get my self in there. If someone's gonna die - get maimed - whatever - well, I don't want it to be me. Let them get the bugs fixed and have the place open for a while.

This got her going all over again. That set something off in her that she had never thought about before. Something that could potentially kill you - let the place be open for a while and make sure that there ain't a blip in the evening news: 25 people died today on the wet n wild wild coaster ride as the entire structure collapsed and hundreds of people fell over 75 feet to the ground, several of them getting crushed in the process - you know, something like THAT. Unintentionally, I set a fear in her that she was talking about until I left! Lol.

So, yeah, I feel good about today. I had another inquiry to one of the rooms - this one unacceptable. An 18 year old girl with a 2 year old baby. Don't get all riled up with me - I'm old school. 16 year olds should not be getting themselves impregnated. It's widely accepted in this nation - at least nowadays - for kids to have sex. To the point that condoms are handed out at schools. I have a VERY different view of that - I am totally opposed to kids having sex, and certainly schools should not be encouraging such s*** by handing out condoms or even giving free freakin' abortions WITHOUT parent consent? Unbelievable. I think they might have changed THAT one - I hope they did. They bring in different sexual orientations to give a SHOW of how to engage in such things - this is too much for me. Freakin' take a cold shower, masturbate (not the greatest answer, but better than the first choice), do something but having sex at that age - and obviously with this person - unprotected sex - I just am not in agreement with it - you can give me all the logic why I should see it differently and I won't budge, so don't bother. Call me a religious fanatic - call me what you will - I don't care. Certain issues in this world are NOT grey to me - very black and white from my perspective.

This is enough. I have other things to get done.
later
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...