Thursday, September 10, 2009

End Of Vacation

I've really been dreading this today - my vacation is over as of waking up for work tomorrow morning.
But not the end of the world - I just hope there are deliveries to make in the truck routing system.
I must admit no small amount of trepidation in taking time off and coming back. I have not seen my company dealing with layoffs in such a manner, but there is always the first time.
Yet, I had the time off coming, everyone else has been taking all kinds of time off, I had to do my 2 stints. I still will have plenty of time off hours left even after this - but I dare not take try taking any more of it for a while. I'm thinking Christmas, but maybe a day off at Thanksgiving as well. Before or after, doesn't matter, definitely the other drivers are going to be looking at time off during a major holiday - the MAJOR holidays are, of course, Thanksgiving and Christmas, with New Years a very close, but still trailing, 3rd.

I only elucidate my feelings - employment is a must, a paycheck is a must, there is no getting around such things.

In about 35 minutes, I am leaving for an ROTC meeting for parents. I only know it's for the parents, a communication type of thing, I want to be involved in my son's life to the point he KNOWS that I am there, and not just there, but in the "middle" of it as much as I can be and as much as is good with him. All the cadets will be there - that's what the email stated anyway.

I have to say that I would RATHER stay home and watch this Steeler's V Titans game, the Steelers are my home-town team. Just being honest, but I am pretty sure it will be an interesting meeting and the game is being recorded on DVR, so no big deal, I can watch it tomorrow if it's worth watching. However, I'm getting a view of the game right now - not really looking too stellar on the Steeler's part.

Really, I like getting out of the house - I've been out a couple times today on various errands all over the place. I took Prince to PetSmart - yes you can take your dog into Petsmart as long as it's leashed, licensed and vaccinated (not that they check). A store employee came up admiring him and told me he has a blue Dane. These are VERY beautiful dogs and very expensive, at least if you're getting it from a reputable breeder and that is, really, the ONLY place you're going to get one. They are a sight to behold.

A young German Shepherd came into the store - and started barking at Prince, whose deep voice reverberated throughout the store in response. "I think he has a bigger bark than you" says the guy with the woman holding the dog - to the dog. On the way out, the woman was CARRYING the dog, lol. I have not seen Prince afraid of any dog - not that I encourage him AT ALL in being violent and aggressive, that came naturally on his own and actually, I go the opposite in trying to get him to tone it down.

There is a hummingbird that is frequenting the feeder on a daily basis now. In the evenings, though, he just sits there, perehced above the feeder on the holder. The dogs just started loud barking - the thing took off, but only to the top of the fence. I can see him from here, my kitchen, some 40 feet away through the living room window. Pretty cool.

Well, I must be readying to go.
C'ya later.
ben

No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...