Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blog Posting

There are times when I sort of phase out of blogging and end up taking several days off or even a few weeks of slowed entries. I am in the middle of one of those phases. It's not that I don't have anything to write about - there are ample subjects going on concurrently in my life at this particular moment in time that make for sufficient writing material.

I just start getting burned out on it and then I realize I better slow down for a little while or real burn-out will occur and I won't write ANYTHING for a long, long time. I am not going away, I have just slowed my entries on both blogs. No big deal. I have other things I am focusing my attention on as well.

Probably something to do with it are money worries - 1 tenant leaving in the next few days, the temporary tenant not staying long - he found a house and is discussing with the owners about renting it and bringing his entire family out here versus having 2 residences, one in Texas and one in Arizona. Judging from the vehicle he drives and the toys he brought with - probably 20 grand worth of dirt bikes in a large utility trailer - he is used to living a pretty decent lifestyle. 2 residences would definitely put a severe hamper on anyone's budget unless, of course, your budget is 6 or 7 figures. It was a stop gap letting the guy in - a weeks worth of rent is better than nothing. I have no idea whether he is only staying a week or maybe more?

I do - allegedly - have another guy coming today sometime this afternoon. He called on Sunday - I figured never to hear from him again even though he said he wanted to visit on Wednesday which is today - I just don't put a lot of faith in Craigslist people saying they are going to do things. Mostly, they don't do anything they say they will. Only when they actually, physically move-in after having had handed you however much money, then I believe it. Even a hand-shake and a verbal commitment is meaningless to these people.

Would it not be better to simply say I am going to keep looking around, I'll get back to you when I decide? That's non-committal. You are not committing to the place, you can just leave and I will know that you are not in the least bit interested in the place, continue searching for a renter, please. People that stand there and look you in the eye and say "Yes, I'll take the room, I'm moving in on such and such a day" and then never show up? Definitely get my goat.

It's cooled off considerably here. Allegedly the high today is somewhere in the 60's. I dunno about that, what I do know is I am going to be driving the truck all over the place today - Casa Grande/Coolidge/Florence/Queen Creek. Far east and south valley area. I was also correct last week about the alcohol test - a breathalyzer is NOT a complete drug test and corporate emailed the ops manager who emailed my manager to tell me that I have to go back in, spend another lovely hour with all those sick people in that cramped room, waiting to give a few ounces of my precious urine. Nice. So, technically, this will be my FOURTH drug test of the year. Nice. I continue to hear this story from people that believe that if they know you are clean, they will "use" you more often to get the test.

Dunno about that, but I do know the work day is almost here and I must get to getting to it.

See you around.
ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's tough these days financially. I don't understand why people just cannot make up their minds though. Have you considered and I dont' even know if this will work and that is have them leave a deposit if they really want the room.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but I have yet to have anyone offer such, so I just don't hold the room for them and I tell them that upfront. I made a small exception today - the man that wants to move in says he doesn't get paid until next Friday. My exception - well really isn't an exception at all now that I think about it, but I did say that the room occupied by the temporary tenant will probably open again soon, so I might hold that one when he leaves for "you", but the other room I am going to continue to try and rent out regardless.
ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...