Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Prison Report

Anthony is in jail. Juvenile jail, but incarcerated none-the-less, and from what I am hearing, he's going to be there awhile.
I have no doubts that when he comes out, he will be WORSE than he went in. I don't wish that, of course, but I know this kid. Now, they are supposed to be trying to rehabilitate kids in those circumstances.

He will be forced to go to their version of school. If he start fights, he will get into worse trouble and will stay in there even longer. It COULD be a good thing, yes, but in his case, I have my doubts.

A review? Okay.
First, of course, Anthony already had a record. It started before he threw rocks at me and threw rocks at my windows, breaking them. He already had a warrant out for his arrest the day he did that. So, he went to jail, but only overnight.

Now, he goes to court for the vandalism and the assault done on me. Now he's got number 2 against him. He's on probation for that.

A while back, I get a letter in the mail that he's got a warrant out for his arrest. Okay, well I have no contact with him and don't want any. I figure - and stated at the time - it's only a matter of time before he's caught.

So how did he get caught? He broke into a house. Police come. He's running down an alley. Caught, jail, done, bye. I have no information after that, but it's obvious - he's a 3 time vandal, a judge probably isn't going to show leniency. So, he's caught burglarizing a house, he already has a warrant out for his arrest and he has a record.

This kind of math isn't very difficult to figure out.

Now, I find out, JD's younger brothers were also arrested a while back - in June to be precise. This didn't surprise me at all, but it did take a while for this information to get to me. I kicked all 3 of those boys - his younger brothers - out of here quite a long time ago for stealing from me and also didn't want them doing the pot and drug junk around here. I did ask JD - who is the straightest kid you will ever meet, trust me, I know this kid, he is NOTHING like his younger brothers - why he simply didn't kick all of his brother's @$$es and get them in line.

Well, he's not like that. He's not only straight as an arrow, he is totally non-violent. I have watched his brothers throwing rocks at him - HARD - and he did nothing to them. He is FAR and MUCH bigger than any of his brothers - but I commend the kid, I hope he goes far in life. He's over here all the time, and I do mean, quite frequently.

Okay, once a neighborhood kid that thought he was a bad-@$$ threatened one of his brothers and actually walked into their house to do the damage, and THAT was the only time I have ever known JD to get angry. He's one of those types of quiet people you don't WANT to get angry. You know what I mean? But it was a righteous anger in that case and he was ready to defend his brother and his home against this bully. I am very confident that this bully would have gotten his butt beaten to a pulp if he attempted to continue one with his crap that day. As it was, he stood down, I doubt he had ever seen JD like that, either.

Umm, well what did his brothers do? They were caught attempting to steal video games at Fry's Electronics only a mile down the road from here. Yes, well, that's smart. They have security, video-surveillance, all that fun stuff. See some kids walking in there acting suspicious? All over it, guaranteed. They were busted and put on house arrest for 2 weeks - that's the ankle electronic device and everything. They have stopped the drugs/pot because they are on probation and if they are caught with pot in their system, 2 months in Juvi. Nice.

I don't wonder that Michael's departure coincides with his older brother's arrest. His older brother was a pill to be around. However, Michael has TOTALLY disappeared, he didn't even bother to say goodbye, I'm moving home, I won't be seeing you anymore. He just left - and I'm at the point that he's burned his bridges with me.

Honestly? I don't miss him, either. In fact, my mind is totally consumed by this lady I met today. If I get to liking this lady and really get into this, you will find me devoting a LOT of thought and time to that particular endeavor and that endeavor alone. My son? Yes. My parents? Okay. Everyone else? Well I would never turn my back on my internet friends : ) But I might be absent and also absent-minded for a while : ) lol.

In fact, if love is in the air - which I hope it is, either now with this woman or eventually with someone else - it will require a totally new and different blog to "deal" with it. Knowing me, I will probably write in that blog FAR more than anything else, and it will be a revolving monotone of the same thing over and over and probably, people will "get it" and not read it very much, lol again.....and I won't care, lol thrice.

Ahhh, the prospect of a woman. Even if it doesn't go anywhere, just the thought of it and the idea that it MIGHT go somewhere is all-consuming. We were not meant, I have never believed, to live alone without the opposite sex. I have been doing that for 5 years, yes, and some people never hook up with anyone - yes, and sometimes it's a pain in the rear - yes for both genders - and you get your little spats going and things you don't agree on - yes - but - still.

I have to tell you I'm a little high off of today's meeting with her and subsequent emails. Hard to explain, I guess. I don't want to set myself up for a fall, but - I have let go sooner or later and let myself be exposed to the potential hurt and pain - it's a gamble, a roll of the dice. Not that I am going into any date with a lady with a non-committal attitude - it's just that there is always the potential for a let-down. I have been preparing myself for this for quite a while now. I hope I am ready, come-what-may.

ben

4 comments:

BenB said...

........and to the ex, of whom I am quite sure is reading this particular blog now - for what reason I have no clue - I don't love you anymore. I haven't loved you for a long, long time. I am not going to get back together with you again, ever. I have never considered it after we got divorced. After the latest blasting and burning that you did, I really don't care if we NEVER speak again. Really, I don't. Further, I hold it against you for not dealing with our son's education - the thing that you DEMANDED both before and IN court, before the judge that you continually threaten to take me before. YOU wanted it so badly, and yet you UTTERLY failed him. This has nothing to do with me - excepting of course the fact that I have intervened and I will not stand by any longer and watch this SHIT go on. The proof, BTW, is in the pudding. Go take an analytical, logical look at his grades. I don't know that you are capable of such when it comes to me, but try anyway.

I asked you for his grades for months after school was out last year. When I went to the school to get them myself not long ago, I found out WHY you would want to keep this from me. And then I find out after only a MONTH of this year's school going, he was flunking Geometry. I really do NOT want you reading my blogs, none of them. I don't want you commenting on them, either. I don't want your so-called friends reading this blog or any of my other blogs and reporting the contents of it to you. I have NOTHING to do with you OR your friends, please LEAVE IT ALONE, ALL OF YOU. GET OUT OF MY LIFE, thank you. I AM seeking hard after the Lord - but you tell me to go to HELL?

ben

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you excited and happy over the prospect of a female friendship or romance. It is at the same time a little frightening to realise the extent of your vulnerability. Keep your head about you and protect yourself at all times.

I hope she responds to your telephone numbers. It is a GREAT way to stave off lonliness and share the feminine slant on life. For thirty years, my closest friend was a woman to whom I spoke on the phone literally for hours at a time, nearly every day, and yet probably did not see in person twenty times in as many years, Still, in many important ways, she was closer to me than any other human being ever was. [till recently]

Anonymous said...

I apologize for the comment rant, but it irks me that she is reading my personal blog, after she promised not to do so. It further irks me that she basically told me to go to hell, this from a Christian minister.
Anyway, this lady has a full plate today so I don't expect to hear from her at all. She is taking the entire family in for family portraits at noon and then she is having friends over for dinner later on.
She is a special ed teacher, and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that she hasn't been able to find anyone very easily without the use of Craigslist.
Vulnerability is always something that is expected in a situation such as this, one of the reasons, though JUST one, there are many other reasons as well, that I have held off any serious thoughts of dating/romance/love until now.
I remember you commenting about this lady friend of yours some years ago on the JS blog. It sounded as something that was an intimate and necessary part of your daily life. I really have no such lady friends at the moment, I have had such in the past but people move on - as in out of AZ, they get sick of this place just as I am getting very tired of it - and you lose contact. It's a little easier nowadays because long-distance phone calls are free - at least for me through the MagicJack they are.
The recent photo on your blog with Bethany and the dog show what appears to be very content man, I'm very happy that you have found such a person to share your life with, I hope eventually find the same.

becomingkate said...

I'm glad that you're enjoying this new friend.
I started internet dating a year after being widowed, and the hope it brought into my life was intoxicating. I enjoyed the process of looking, and didn't get tired of it until maybe a year later. In the meantime I got to go dancing and have drinks with people from all age groups and walks of life. It was fun.
There were a few disasters, but that just gave me more insight into what I was or wasn't willing to live with anymore.
Anyway, it was an exciting time! I hope things go well for ya.

 Monday - late afternoon It is finished.  I added other sources of income I had forgotten about and done with it.  It has been sent, they ar...