Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday

After doing all the work this morning - would have to see other blog to find out about that, but in a nutshell I bought perennials today and planted them along with starting the groundwork to plant winter/rye grass and a lot of other stuff - I took a break.

But - it's time to start grilling outdoors again. I went and filled up my propane bottle which has been empty for quite some time in anticipation of grilling at least one package of the bone-in chicken breast I bought at Safeway yesterday (99 cents per pound).

2 tenants have paid up and my dad sent what is becoming his 'usual' amount to help me out during these tough economic times. The non-paying tenant - well it's really getting to me. He promised to pay this week yet he walks through here and produces nothing. Not even excuses, there is literally nothing. I will be thinking about writing up another 5-day notice tomorrow. I say another - as I have had to do with other tenants who didn't pay such as Mary and Justine.

I still can't believe this guy is doing this to me. He NEVER withheld rent money in the past when he lived here before. Seriously, he always paid on time and it wasn't an issue. I truly hope I don't have to take him to eviction court - it would be a waste of my money in filing the suit and then if I wanted that money and rent money back, I would have to go for a wage garnishment.

MUCH easier if he would either pay or get the heck OUT of here. At this point, I don't care which, just do something - I can fill that room up pretty quickly I would like to hope.

Well, anyway, I have just short of a grand in checks right now to be deposited, with at least $200 from him, I would be doing fairly well. Not perfect, but good enough. I am definitely going to push for whatever extra hours I can get at work, every bit helps.

So anyway, this is just a short update. Caleb's Rifle Team competition ends in 15 minutes - but his mother is going to bring him home and I have made as many outings as I care to do for today, I am going to spend another several hours outside working and then come back in and "kick-it" as the kids like to put it. I figure to stop working in the hottest hours of the day - though it's only going to get up to 92 degrees today, hardly call that hot unless the humidity is going to shoot up as well.

I also have PLENTY of cleaning to do in the house this weekend, tomorrow morning I'll hit that one hard and try to get it knocked out in a couple of hours.

That's it. That's my life, really, I don't really do much in terms of getting out - but then again - I really don't WANT to. I have a certain amount of need that continues to build to find a member of the opposite sex and start a relationship - but that always kind of nixes itself when the ex starts all of her stuff and I start thinking: Do I REALLY want to start another relationship? It takes a while, but I end up saying yes - even though I'm not really doing that much about the situation.

Have a great Saturday.
ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...