Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just want to take a moment to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and hope that you all will take a moment to reflect on the things you have in your life and give thanks to - whoever you give thanks to - I personally give thanks to the Lord God Almighty. And Jesus the Christ for hanging on a cross, shedding his blood and giving us all the opportunity to have eternal life. And, of course, the Holy Spirit, who is here with us, teaching us, comforting us and showing us the way.

I would go into it more, but I have limited time on this hotel computer - though no-one seems to be waiting to use it. I guess most people have laptops nowadays and the rooms have plug-ins for high-speed internet.

If I buy another computer, it will not be a laptop. It will be another desktop with a bit faster processor and a lot more ram and such.

Anyway, Caleb and I got here yesterday and visited everyone at my dad's house. They were, however, mostly drunk. Not my dad - he has a glass of wine here and there but drunkenness is not in the cards for him (thankfully). The 2 fathers of his wife's kids are a different story. They had been drinking for quite a while before we arrived and were yakking it up - and not letting other guests have much of anything to say.

I usually just back off in such situations, it's not worth trying to out talk someone who is quite inebriated and is enamored with the sound of their own voice - and that is exactly what I did. Instead, I spent time talking with dad and his wife and - it was freezing cold! They had a HUGE spread of food out there - of which I partook - but sparingly. I'm trying to get a handle on weight gain and make it go the opposite way. I give myself permission, however, to indulge today.

For that, I only had a bagel at their huge breakfast offering at this hotel. We are eating Thanksgiving dinner at noon-thirty - so that was enough for me. Caleb loves coming to these hotels with workout gyms and heated pools. It's sort of a mini-vacation excepting our stay here is limited to last night and we are checking out in about an hour and a half.

I haven't had any more inquiries about the room - but I only posted the ad once. Tomorrow one lady is supposed to visit and take a look. Another guy called from out of state - but I am going to re-run the ad.

That's about it, I think there are other people waiting to use this computer and I don't want to be a computer hog, so I am going to get offa here.
Hope you and yours have a wonderful day and a nice feast if you happen to celebrate the day.
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...