Sunday, January 31, 2010

American Kennel Club-Great Dane,Color, Markings and Patterns

I think I'm going to have to kill Prince, my black Great Dane.
Why? Because by the AKC's standards for Great Danes, the following applies for black Danes:
Black--The color shall be a glossy black. White markings at the chest and toes are not desirable.
Unfortunately for Prince, he has white markings both at the chest AND at the toes. He MUST be killed because he is undesirable.
Who the BLEEP is AKC? Do they want to take care of my Great Danes for the rest of their lives because they are undesirable?
Will they compensate me - on the other end of the spectrum - for taking care of "undesirable" traits that should put the animal to rest?

I mean, seriously. When they say these traits are undesirable, shall I go get a butcher knife and stab both of them through the heart?

You think I'm exaggerating, perhaps I am. They have their guidelines, wonderful. All canines outside of their guidelines - we should do WHAT with?

They fail to illiterate their stance on THAT particular stance, they certainly illucidate their stand on Danes that don't meet their standards.

I think Prince is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL dog. So is Duke. They have personality and character.

AKC needs to illucidate these standards of theirs, and what, exactly, we should do with Danes that do not meet them.

No comments:

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...