Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday

Woke up in the middle of a very deep and sound sleep. That alarm clock was at it's second level of beeping. I am groggy and haven't been able to fully wake up. I could have slept several more hours at least. This is the 3rd time this week that this has happened - I have been on a sleep deficit for quite some time, apparently something in the brain has clicked and said it's time to do something about that.

Rain has stopped this morning, but it was obvious it had rained all night long. All that stuff going on in California is coming straight over here. The interesting point of yesterday was the tornado warning. No, folks, I have never heard of a tornado warning in Phoenix, Arizona. It was at least a 5 hour long warning and I went outside, in the rain and was looking around at the sky. I didn't hear of any tornados touching down, but then again, I haven't read the local news yet. I believe it's supposed to rain off and on all day today as well. Well, I just looked at AZcentral.com and there is a spoof in there saying that a tornado actually touched down on the Arizona/California line. It also said the governor has issued a state of emergency. The only thing I can say is our state NEEDS this water, rainfall has been WELL below normal this year.

I'll also say that living on the base of a mountain has it's advantages - unless the ENTIRE valley is going to fill up with qadrillions of gallons of water, the only flooding I ever see is the small stream that starts flowing along my west wall from one end of the property to the other, plus a pool of water where I have my little gras patch growing.

Meanwhile, I was looking into some information on speeding tickets issued by photo radar on the city's freeways. Apparently, DPS targets "freqent fliers" - people who get clicked by those cameras frequently and do not pay the fines. It is also apparent they don't really bother with a "one-timer". Legally, if I don't respond to their snail-mail sent demands to pay $180.00, they have to have me served. I am totally opposed to cameras being set up all over the place for a variety of reasons, and I certainly have no problem of doing absolutely nothing about this photo ticket I received in the mail last month.

As for today's work, I doubt there will be anything but pickups from vendors. All deliveries have been moved out to Monday, which means Monday will be a very busy day for me. Not to mention the fact that today is inventory - they count everything, I will have nothing to do with it because, again, drivers aren't allowed, lol. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or making a bad statement against truck drivers? I'll leave that one alone : )

Ava' great day!
ben

3 comments:

becomingkate said...

I get occasional photo radar tickets. If you don't pay them right away, they're added to your vehicle registration account and it must be paid before you can renew your DL or plates. However, they do not deduct points from your license.
BTW, melatonin is awesome for getting REM sleep.

Anonymous said...

In Arizona, that would be illegal. I am surprised it isn't illegal everywhere. They have to have you served - either an officer or a process server - to be able to take do anything further with it if you ignore it. The key is ignoring it - you don't call them and ask them about it, you don't visit their website to "see your photo", which I assume you have to log in with personal info - to them it all means the same as having been served.
I've tried melatonin - it kept me awake all night long : |
ben

becomingkate said...

The ticket comes in the mail with the photo attached. One time you could see it was Bill driving, based on the back of his head, lol. It's all very legal in Alberta, enforced by all agencies (federal, provincial and municipal)

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...