Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday

At last......I have been sick half of this work week and have felt none too good. It's end of month - our company always pushes to get as much product out as possible, therefore the reason I didn't call in sick. Wednesday was the worst day of it and the longest work day this week as well.

Anyway, my quest for a travel trailer goes on. I have contacted another guy who wants $700 for a gutted trailer. Meaning there is nothing inside it besides the cabinets and shower I believe. Everything else has been removed. I am trying to get the guy to bring down his price - he has been advertising the thing on Craigslist for over 2 weeks now. Another guy has an RV thing he converted to an office which no-one is apparently interested in because he has been advertising it for over a month. I keep making offers, sooner or later, I'll get a positive reply.

Meanwhile, on the home front. I'm sitting in my kitchen yesterday late-afternoon when I hear a woman starting to yell loudly. Of course I got up, went outside to see what was going on. It was the big, heavy (at least 300 pounds probably closer to 400) man that lives 2 doors down, starting trouble again. The woman apparently didn't want his help on something they were doing at my neighbor's house, so she was telling him to back off.

This guy, unfortunately, is a total hot-head. I got right in that woman's face and threatened to kick her @$$. That's when I dialed 911. This guy is a troll and a bully. He tried to pull that crap on me a few weeks ago, instead of responding in kind, I simply informed him I would be calling the police if he continued. That shut him up. Anyway, this woman was visiting my neighbor, who flew off the handle, got into the big man's face - I thought they were going to get into a fight.

Fast-forward several hours. Police had come and gone, no-one was arrested but at least the situation had been calmed. My neighbor has heart problems and high blood pressure. Again, I'm sitting in my kitchen and it's now night time, I hear the fire truck and ambulance at the station a block from my house fire up their sirens - and come - to my neighbor's house. Yup, all that anger and yelling almost did him in. They carted him away in the ambulance with the explanation that his blood pressure was very high and they were unable to bring it down.

I am biding my time in the neighborhood. It is easily the worst neighborhood I have ever lived in. I can't sell the house, upside-down by at least 10k on the mortgage, I have no choice but to bear with all the nonsense until - if-ever - the housing market comes back up again. I would oh-so-ever-loving LOVE to get OUT of that neighborhood and never see it again.

Well work day approacheth, I'm outta here.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...