Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5th, 2010

The number of the day and the month of the day is particularly endearing to me, since it is my birthday - my 46th this time - and I do intend on enjoying the day even if I have plenty to get done today. What can I say, I have an empty room and that takes priority over most things in life - get a person in there and get them paying rent. I had thought that an increase in the number of birthdays would negatively affect my - thoughts about it - but really, after I hit 40 the rest of them haven't done much. I think perhaps hitting 50 might be a bit of a drag, but who knows.

I am not going to linger here long, I have a bathroom to clean and carpet to vacuum along with dusting. The kitchen is clean - I always keep it clean cause' I don't want cockroaches and the only way to combat them is to make sure there aren't any food particles laying ANYWHERE - meaning, yes, you even have to pull the oven out and clean under there periodically. Having an exterminator come once a month doesn't hurt either. I had thought I wouldn't be able to afford one, but I came to the conclusion I can't afford not to have one come. The company charges me $40 per month and sometimes they tell me that I can skip a month and it should be okay - so I do that to save some money. However, I've had them here 3 months running, with a super charged spraying last month and the month before to kill the ticks outside.

I'm already feeling the pinch from not getting one tenant's payments - he owes me for 2 weeks now going on 3. That is the tenant that is in CA and finally wrote back saying to go ahead and rent the room. Darn straight, I can't afford not to. It would have been nice if he would have let me known this before the beginning of this month, it always takes longer to find someone after the beginning of the month has passed. OH, that reminds me, I have to get all of his stuff out of there this morning as well. Good thing he doesn't have that much stuff to begin with. Some clothes in the closet and miscellaneous things - shouldn't take more than half an hour or so to get it out of there and then vacuum the floor and clean whatever needs cleaning.

Well, now that I just added that to my list, I better get moving, the potential tenant is coming at noon and it's already almost 8:00am.

C'ya later!
ben

3 comments:

Fin said...

Happy Birthday kid. If you are like I was, your fiftieth birthday will be your best and that decade will provide more fun and enjoyment and excitement than the other four combined. You will be out from under kid payments (hopefully) and other expenses will also hopefully be reduced. I don't specifically remember my 46th birthday, but I will never forget my fiftieth, when I flew from Hawaii to Australia to New Zealand.

Dorrie said...

happy birthday again Ben. I hope you have noticed all the birthday entries on KCL for you? *wink*

BenB said...

Hiya Fin
I hope the 50th IS something to look forward to - and hopefully some very different life circumstances than what currently exists. Yes, I will be out from under child support payments, just a little over a year before my boy turns 18.
Yeah, Westy, I did see all of that and have responded to as much of it as I could find, pretty cool, really.

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...