Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ice

I went out to get into my car to go to work today and saw a rather amazing sight. Ice - the entire car from front to back was covered with a sheet of ice. That might be common for you people in the "cold" states, but I rarely ever see that happening. I also don't have tools such as a scraper to get that stuff off of the windshield.

My concern, however, turned immediately to my plants. I didn't watch or read the weather report last night, if I had known it was going to ice over, I would have covered my plants. I can only hope that they aren't all going to keel over and die.

I am allegedly making a trip to Miami today - the rain stopped yesterday but I have no idea what it's doing up north. This company I am delivering doesn't "do" rain, they simply shut down and go home under such conditions. I would like to make the drive up there - it's a very scenic and beautiful stretch of road that I have taken several videos of and pics as well, I'm going to have to upload all of that stuff and post at least one of them on here or KCL. I don't remember which host is easier to do such with.

The world of tenancy is staying at even keel at the moment. The newest tenant called me yesterday - I rarely ever see the guy - and asked if we were good with this month's rent or how much did he owe? I would have loved to tell him another $200 or something, but that would have been a lie, I reminded him that we had agreed that he was paid up for the month and that the $375 would start next month, which, thankfully, is almost here. My "reserves" have been drawn down a bit with buying and renovating that trailer. I pretty much put buying anything else for it on hold for a while, I am not going to go broke fixing the thing up and that guy can certainly go out and hustle up some work somewhere and buy some of this material himself.

I have bought a few more items for the sprinkler system - it want to finish that project or at least get it operable. I'm getting close to done with it. I won't buy a timer for awhile, the good ones are expensive and I don't have to have it to make the system work.

Speaking of the newest tenant, he did spend the night and I heard him snoring, loudly, out in the kitchen this morning. He warned me of such before he moved in. I shrugged my shoulders - the ex Marine is across the hall from him, he's half deaf anyway. I'm half a house away from that bedroom. I have no idea if it's bothering the other guy or not.

Anyway, work day approacheth.

G'day.
ben

2 comments:

Fin said...

Lukewarm water is a safe easy way to clean windshield. BG needs to cover her plants nearly every night during some winter weeks, as the temps in dixie drop below freezing frequently.

And today that had snow all over Texas, including many spots that don't usually get any.

Anonymous said...

I didn't have time - I am not used to weather intangibles dictating the point of which I will be able to safely operate a motor vehicle. I simply held the engine at about 3,000 rpms for a couple of minutes, which heated up the antifreeze, in turning blowing out heated air on the windshield, walaah, done deal. There was snow up in the mountains where I went today including black ice on the road.
ben

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...