Sunday, February 21, 2010

If They're Going To Do It, So Am I!!!

I am refering to sites coming to my blog, copying entire posts and posting them on their sites. They are making money off of it, I am making nothing. I did NOT give these sites permission to steal my content and display it all over the place - but - being the internet I assume it's legal to do that. Or not? I have no idea.

My Cafe World tips are being published all over the place. I no more entered the Cafe World tip today - tip 9 - and it was published on a site only a few minutes after putting it on here. I don't really care if someone is using the info for their own, personal uses, but to be making money off of it by placing it on a pay site that has dozens of ads on there, too?

Bunk. I am monetizing my blog. I doubt a person makes much money off of it, but I will feel better that anyone coming here is "subjected" to ads rather than having entities "stealing" my content and posting it elsewhere without my knowledge. I was looking for a trick/cheat/whatever to find out how one of my neighbors has acquired over 1,200,000 cafe points in about a week's time and found my blog and some of it's Cafe World contents posted on several "pay" sites in the search I was doing.

Onto other things - just kind of steams me a little that people are taking my content and reposting it elsewhere without even asking.

I remembered - not too long ago - that I have to get up even earlier than I normally do to be at work early. I have 2 deliveries tomorrow that necessitate I come in and get out of there as fast as possible. First delivery is in Miami, AZ, the second is in Casa Grande. These 2 places aren't exactly close to each other - one up in the mountains and the other in the desert southwest. Plus 2 pickups.

I said I could do it under a few conditions. 1: That I come in early and get out of the branch early. 2: That the orders are pulled and on the truck when I arrive Monday. I pulled one of the orders, the other came in late when I was going home, but the branch manager said he would pull the second order. 3: that I don't have to do a bunch of running around to get items to complete the orders.

3 was not necessarily adhered to, but the pickups are close to the 2cd delivery, so hopefully not a big deal. I always try to get the stuff done, is all I can say about that.

Uhhh, like 5 hours have passed since I started this post. Things started happening and I had to deal with it.

Also, my Catahoula will go outside, stand at the sliding glass door - next to where I sit and surf the net - and stare at me. Lol. She doesn't want me to sit inside the house, she wants me to go out there and do whatever I do in my property in tending to plants and watering and landscaping. I usually give into her "demands" and go outside to start engaging in whatever suits my fancy out there. Today it was digging a "tunnel" underneath the east gate to run a water line under it for the front. Drip system.

I did get that accomplished, ran the 1/2-inch line all the way around 3 walls of the front yard and then started installing 1/4 inch line with emitters for individual plants. All 3 dogs were out there at this point.

I have nothing more as I am going to bed early for an even earlier rise than normal in the am.

G'nite.

ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...