Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday

Sleep issues.
Dunno.
I will be going to the doc's later on this month for the physical that I missed a few months ago, will definitely be discussing with him sleep issues and please check and make sure there aren't any problems that I don't know about that might be causing it.
I can say that I slept better last night than the night before, I can also say that I am sick again - with something different than I had just 2 weeks ago. This is a head cold type of thing. Yesterday I took an hour and a half "nap" after work just to get me to feeling better.

There is only one delivery in the truck routing system - things are slowing down for whatever reason. I have been very busy doing deliveries; pulling orders; doing transfers for at least a couple of months running, now all of the sudden that business is coming to a screeching halt. There is, however, plenty to do around the yard and shop as some things have been neglected - mostly cleaning issues - because of the business factor.

New tenant moved in last night after I went to bed. I only know this because his rather nice pickup truck is parked out front. All 3 tenants at this point have vehicles - meaning parking on the street. I would feel a little "bad" about it, but since everyone else around my house seems to have 3 plus vehicles, I won't lose sleep over THAT, maybe other things, but not that. I will be asking the new tenant if there were any unacceptable noise levels coming from the living room. I always ask a new tenant moving into that particular room about any noise because, of course, it's right next to the living room. I can "fix" issues like that pretty easily: tell whatever kid/s that are out here to shut the bleep up and turn the TV down. I have gone so far in the past as to simply remove the card out of the satellite receiver - which renders the thing useless and nowadays, you can't even receive local channels without a box for converting digital signals.

I still could kick myself for not having some insulation put into the wall between the living room and that bedroom. I had thought about it at the time of having that house constructed but - I forgot and it was too late when I realized the memory lapse. I knew I would be needing at least one tenant, maybe more - I have found, however, wall treatments that might work as well. You simply put the treatment next to wherever offending noises are originating - a TV for example - and it allegedly bounces the noise back towards the offender instead of through the wall.

Anyway, work day approaches and I'm outta here.
ben

5 comments:

Fin said...

Wow Ben. You have five foreign countries in the ten last visitors...Tokyo, Singapore and three from Europe.

One of the biggest enemies of sleep is stress, and God knows you have enough of that.

Anonymous said...

Fin:
Many of these people are coming here looking for Cafe World tips/help. The game frustrates people to the point of looking around the internet for whatever they can find. The number of hits per day has also gone up quite a bit since I started posting all the stuff. It's amazing but people all over the world are addicted to that game.
Yes, I really don't know what's the sleep enemy here. My stress levels go way down when my rooms are rented - and currently all 3 are rented with paying tenants. I dunno, but I do believe this is coming from work. Numbers are way down, the situation with the manager who was telling me I am sitting on the internet has never been resolved - at least not to me; there are always rumors of layoffs going around and this is no economy to be losing a job in.

becomingkate said...

Melatonin works like a charm - either one 5 mg pill or two 3 mg pills. I've pretty much given up all narcotics in favour of melatonin.

BenB said...

Melatonin doesn't work for me - at all. I have tried all kinds of sleeping medication - all of it. Melatonin actually makes me feel like vomiting after I take it.

becomingkate said...

Well that's not good.

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...