Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday

I slept like a baby last night. For me, that's akin to miraculous proportions. I could only dream of sleeping like that every night. I went to be very early last night, I didn't sleep well the night before and hoped, if nothing else, I could get some good solid hours of sleep in before I - wake up in the middle of the night. I did wake up - but went right back to sleep.

I know that sounds normal for most people - sleep through the night, it isn't for me.

Well, I was reading a study on the U.S. 60 and it has consumed most of my morning time before work.
There is a very small community called Top Of The World (www.savetopoftheworld.com) who wants ADOT to reroute the entire highway around their little town. ADOT is considering expanding the highway to accodomate for increased traffic coming from the Valley (Phoenix area) heading up north for play/camping/wilderness outings and such.
The amount of taxpayer waste in order to reroute that highway through some other route through those mountains and canyons would be so extreme, that I took the time to fill out a public comment on ADOT's home page about it and give my opinion of it. That little town wouldn't even exist if the 60 hadn't been built through that area. I have driven through it hundreds of times, if there's a thousand people living there, I would be surprised. To reroute an entire highway for that small amount of people is absurd. The highway is already running through there.

Frankly, if I were living there, I would be of the entrepreunerial mind - open up a restaurant or a gift shop or a combination of both. There isn't even a convenience store there it's THAT small. A trading post is the extent of the business endeavors there.

Anyway, I have been seeing these signs every time I drive through about saving their community - an expanded highway may make life a little more interesting, but it's not going to destroy the place.

As for now, work day approaches and there is plenty to do in the truck routing system for today's deliveries.

G'day.
ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...