Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday

I'm basically coughing and hacking away at this point. However, I am still not sure if this is a viral infection or just extremely bad allergies. It could be either. One thing I know, I have no desire whatsoever to pay $100 copay to go see a doc at a urgent clinic. They upped it from $50. Hospital visit up from $100 to $200. Moral to the story - don't get sick, right?

If it is not viral, they can give me a shot that will deal with this stuff quite effectively is the only reason to elaborate on this. I have had one before - whatever it is - it takes the punch right out of whatever is afflicting me and I feel "right as rain" for at least several weeks after that.

I suppose I could try to get in to see my doc - but that's usually a failed attempt. I have thought about getting a new doc just because it's so freakin' hard to get in to see this guy, but I think all of these Cigna docs are just as busy. They presume you go to Urgent Clinics - which are everywhere but give me a huge break here. I go to Urgent Clinics when I need stitches, not for draining in my sinuses going down my throat all night long, into my lungs and causing me to feel - not well at all - the next day. I would consider it at the $50 co-pay, I'll try OTC medicines at $100.

I went to bed last night at 8:00pm - fitful sleep. Kept waking up to cough. I don't feel particularly tired right now, but then again, the work day hasn't started yet and I ain't pullin' orders, loading a semi and driving it all over creation.

Hmm, I just went to mycigna.com and was reviewing my coverages. I know that flyer they sent out said $100 for a copay, but my page shows it still at $50, while the hospital visit definitely went up another $100 to $200. Well, I'll suffer this a few days and see what happens, if it doesn't get better then I'll make the visit.

Changing the subject, hey, why don't we spend a BILLION dollars on a new embassy? Economy? WHAT economy? Oh, and then there's Reid whose string of verbal gaffes are as predictable as the ticking of a clock. Men, if you are unemployed, then you ARE going to get violent against your spouse. This was his statement to the masses that should have jaws dropping everywhere. Where are the demands the this freak should resign? Or the incident talking about Obama as being a "light skinned negro"? There was another one that I can't seem to drum up in memory at this point in time.

Then there's these full-body scanners - do you want some guy or dude looking at your privates at an airport by simply looking at a screen that has a device that basically looks right through your clothing? I didn't think so.

Have a nice day.
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...