Sunday, February 21, 2010

White American (Brandy Drink Recipe)

I recently had "need", I guess I can say, for having some brandy. I am no a big fan of taking shots of liquor - call me a wimp, I just don't care for it. I had - and still have - a very long splinter stuffed down into my left-hang, ring-finger fingernail. It was very painful at the time - I wanted to deaden the pain versus going to a doc and paying money I didn't want to spend - and dig into my flesh to get it out.

I searched the net for brandy drinks and found nothing that fit the bill. Having had White Russians in the past, I decide to go ahead and make my own variant of it with Brandy.

It's a very simply recipe, really. A shot of Brandy, a large "2 fingerfuls" of brown sugar, milk and ice. Pour the brandy into a glass; take the large fingerful of brown sugar, dump it into the glass; pour milk until the Brandy is whitened - reallyteh same as a White Russian as you would whiten the coffee liquor - ice it up nicely and stir. You can add brown sugar to taste, really. I don't like sweet - sweet drinks - I rarely ever drink soda or anything that has sugar in it, I just put in enough to deaden the briskness of the alcohol and the milk helps with that to some degree as well.

Also, I would imagine a splash of pure Vanilla would go great with this - I didn't have any but I could bet it would make it taste all that much better. You might also get away with a pinch of cinnamon - this is almost like cooking, keep trying stuff until you have the perfect drink!

You saw it here - I have scoured the internet for a brandy drink with brown sugar and as far as I could see, it doesn't exist, but, of course, I could be wrong.

2 comments:

BenB said...

OH, btw, I did dig into my fingernail and underlying flesh for quite awhile and as long as I could handle it, yes, the alcohol deadened the pain, no, I could not get the splinter out. It's still there - what, 2 weeks later? There is no pain or signs of swelling or infection and I coudn't care less. It can sit in there for the rest of my life as far as I'm concerned if it isn't going to cause me problems.

BenB said...

Fin: I have posted this on your blog, on the entry that we had this discussion and here, just to make sure you see it:
I have had numerous PM's with Evil Fury/Susan who told me today that Matt has reinstated you. Whether you want to go back or not is up to you, but be sure that they are "watching" you. If your computer is being used by someone else, perhaps it would be wise to inform that negative comments left on KCL will pretty-much be the permanent removal of your account, they are checking the IP addresses on any comments on blogs that are brought to their attention - not looking for anyone in particular, either, but to deal with the problem. I am going to put this on your blog as well in case you don't see this. Feel free to delete that comment off of your blog if you don't want that kind of stuff on there.
ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...