Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cafe World Tips 15: 70,000 Chinese Candy Servings In 2 Days Off ONE Oven!

This tip is for the use of spices. Though I wrote another entry about this a few days ago, I did not have the same information that I do now.

Basically, the thought came to me to try adding the same spice to one dish, over and over and over, see if Zynga made allowance for that or can you only add it once?

I started with Shu Mai Dumplings - added around 30 servings of 10% spice - and yes, I did end up with close to 3,000 servings on ONE cooked dish of it.

So, I did the same thing with Chinese Candy - but this time, I - lost count actually - but over 300 uses of the 10% additional servings per use of the spice. Meaning, I used the 10% spice that many times one ONE single dish of Chinese Candy that was cooking.

Yes, folks, it came out at at over 70,000 (SEVENTY-THOUSAND) servings off the one, single dish!! In 2 days, just one oven put out that many dishes. The only drawback, if you want to look at it that way, is that you only get Cafe points for the one cooked serving of it. Yes, I spend a small fortune on the spices, but I will get 3 times that amount back, at least when all 70 plus thousand servings are bought and paid for. The great advantage is all those servings off of one oven plus the fact you don't have to tie up all your ovens to actually get there. I am still cooking dishes daily, adding up my Cafe points but now am using 1 oven continuously for more servings and considering 2 ovens.

The point is that these spices ARE useful if used in the most effective way. The other drawback is that it took about 2 hours to put all those spices on there. But it was fun to find out if it works : )

Also, FYI - The 5% and 10% spices are bought with gold coins, not cash. Yes, the better spices are cash bought items - oh well, I won't be buying them but I bet somewhere down the line there will be opportunities to get them for free.

No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...