Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

A very nice day spent with my brother, his son, my son and my mother at my mom's house in Sun City. This is the original Sun City - the horse properties, the expensive homes, the nice area. Mom made a very tasty dinner - as usual for her - she is a great cook and I have always admired her ability as such. I have attempted to follow in her footsteps - I think I will always look at her as my cooking hero : )

I am not gay, btw, if that's what brings that statement to mind. I also like growing flowers because - God made them and they are beautiful and smell wonderful. I like plants and having a property full of them. I like God's creation - He created these things, we are inclined to like His creation in all the many facets that that entails. There is a huge difference, in my mind if no-one else's, in looking at a house that has all kinds of vegetation versus a house that has none or very little.

I find it far more unnatural to have a barren property than to have something like mine: 200 plus plants and trees growing on all sides of the house, maintained, groomed and looking nice. There are years worth of growth to go before most of it is mature. It is also almost totally covered with drip irrigation - water saving system that also almost totally eliminates weed growth. I am perfecting that system - fine tuning it. I want only to have to go out there, turn a handle on a ball valve, and then go watch the plants being watered - versus spending hours out there with a garden hose. SOME areas will still be covered with water hose, but the time drain of 1 to 2 hours every day out there just watering stuff will be eliminated, my drip system will do it for me.

That's it. It's my bedtime and - I'm going to bed.

G'nite.

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...