Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More: Pond

So, I stopped at AutoZone today to get some tire sealant. I had stopped at Home Depot first to see about getting a new tire with wheel - $25. Forget that. Buy a whole new wheelbarrow for $40. I also found a HUGE wheelbarrow - thing is worth $125 minimum - for $25. I did not, however, want to drive that far to get it - way out in the far east valley. Doesn't matter, the tire sealant worked. The guy at Home Depot said if it goes flat again, Harbor Freight sells inner tubes for those tires for $2 plus change.

I get home. The trailer guy has been working on that hole like crazy. He borrowed a big, heavy, thick steel rod from a neighbor and had been hacking away at the dirt/rocks. I started in on it with the shovel and - well we got that hole almost entirely dug for that pond. Amazing. I am going to have it sitting at least inches above ground and then have it pour into the pond that will be below it.

That project is going way faster than I had expected - only because of the help. I spent an hour at it and quit. I don't really have the money to continue on with the project after the ponds are installed, so there is no big hurry. I have a couple of pumps to buy, plus make or buy a waterfall for aeration and a filter to either buy or make.

Those things will undoubtedly take time to find cause' I ain't spending huge money on this. Find people that are selling their stuff cheap - maybe people who are being foreclosed on that want to sell that stuff. I guess that didn't sound right - I don't want to take advantage of a bad situation - sort of - but if they are going to list it on CL, then I will buy it if it's at a good price.

Quite encouraging, actually, but a little too fast.

As for everything else, pretty much normal. The Army reservist has been gone for quite a while now - though her pickup is parked in my driveway. She is late on her rent. Supposedly she came home a day ago - didn't know about it - and left again. No clue, different lifestyle, I just want my rent money.

I have been giving my opinion on the absolute, total neglect of definitively dealing with Iran and it's nuke ambitions for some time now. It is obvious Obama has no intention of doing anything about it, or if he does, it will be a toothless, gutless piece of garbage that will only make the Iranian government laugh - publicly and for the whole world to see and hear - that much the harder, longer and loudly at us.

I have more confidence in Israel dealing with them than I do our own - weak-knee'd as it stands now - government. If we don't take it to them, eventually, THEY are going to bring it to OUR doorstep.

ben

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

Ben, This situation with Iran is not like Iraq. They screw with our boys every day and are just itching for us to do something crazy. I get an awesome feed on the situation and unfortunately we are doing about as much as we can without declaring war on those folks.

Do our boys like Obama? No because he limits their scope of practice.

Our main concern is to keep Israel out of the picture. If they go screwing with each other it will be war in an instant...

A monster conflict will start if Iran picks on Israel and Israel retaliates.

We are on Iran about as good as we can be. Rest assured there are things going on that neither one of us know about (officially)...

BenB said...

Interesting, and I have wondered if the U.S. military might be planning on something behind the scenes that we don't know about. Still, Obama would have to approve any such thing and I wonder if he has the balls to take such a stand.

I understand this isn't anything like Iraq, it is FAR worse in my opinion. These people are on the verge of having nuclear weapon capability - their threats against the U.S. and Israel are constant.

I see WWIII - definitely potentially - if either Israel picks on Iran or vice-versa, but I don't even want to imagine a world with a nation such as Iran having nukes in their aresonal. It may be a no-win situation, but I would rather take the chance of destroying their nuclear facilities than just sit here, doing nothing about it.

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...