Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday

Missing tenant.
That's all I can say about it. She hasn't been back since last Thursday, I believe. I would consider her just gone permanently but her little red truck is parked in my driveway. She is also 7 days past due on the rent. I think she called me initially in setting up an appointment to see the room, so I can't email her to find out what's going on.

40% chance of rain today. Not good for deliveries and there are 3 in the system which will take me all over the east valley. Hopefully the rain doesn't start until later. Rain almost always shuts down most job sites, making a delivery impossible.

So, I put an ad on Craigslist to see if I could drum up some of this stuff for the pond - for cheap of course. A water clarifier was offered for $40. The thing sells for $130 at Home Depot. Keep the pond from getting green, allegedly anyway. No offers on pumps or waterfalls, I am going to keep scouring the ads for such - or figure out how to built my own waterfall with rocks and cement or mortar.

I'm also about to start running ads for the room while the tenant that is already gone - is gone. Strange, yes. I keep asking other people in the house if they have seen her while I'm at work (people do strange things when they owe money and can't pay it, not saying that's her situation, I really don't know until I can speak to her about it) - no is the repeated reply. Meanwhile, the trailer people paid me the $25 yesterday and told me next week they would be up to 3 days late with the next $25. I'm really only interested in them paying for their own utilities, it's not a money making proposition so I just said fine. With the addition of the MasterCool cooler on the trailer - versus an energy-sucking AC unit - I figure $100 per month covers their use of water, hot water and electricity. Oh, and my grill. They use that thing - daily I think.

Instead of coming in and cooking (which I never said they couldn't), they seem to like to cook on the grill. All well and fine, but it costs $20 to refill that sucker. I refilled it about 3 weeks ago, there is still gas in it. I have used it 4 times in that period. I like grilling but I don't do it every day, maybe once a week. A tank can last me a good, long time.

Anyway, off to read the news. I noticed Iran is doing their hype and aggrandizement junk in doing more military games. Are we supposed to shudder in fear? South Korea is blaming North Korea for shooting a torpedo at their Navy ship. Now, if they can prove that, what, exactly, is the next step? Most folks would consider that an act of war, doncha think? Our guys and gals would be dragged into such a theatre - seems like we have enough going on right now. The North is denying any involvement.

Well, enough.
Have a great day.
ben

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

Believe it or not the Navy from our country consult the JAG corp about what to do during these confrontations. I have heard some crazy stories of boats from IRAN coming straight at our boats and then veering off at the last second just to provoke a response.

Now of course we have less than lethal ways to deter this stuff but it is annoying. In one of these it will be a real attack.

Iran, Korea etc....All an issue. You would be stunned at where we have boots on the ground however.

As for your tenant, renting anything is a chore.

Hang in there.

Bobby

Anonymous said...

It would surprise me if we weren't in a lot of places around the world - places with operatives in the likes of North Korea and Iran.

I hadn't heard about Iranian boats coming straight at ours. The problem with these people is the element of their religious beliefs: they believe they are the ONLY people on the side of God and that everyone else is evil. They believe that God condones violence upon the wicked of this world in the form of them - Islamic whether they want to admit to it or not - doling out their brand of justice.

Regardless, time will tell.

Yes, tenants are a chore and I read your journal about having to basically re-do an entire house. Gag.
ben

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...