Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday

FINALLY, something to do in the truck routing system! 3 deliveries with a couple of pickups and over 50k worth of product, that helps, quite a lot.

The video posted below was only put there because I have never seen anything like it before. It's a pretty intense slam on McCain's opponent - Hayworth. I have heard the birth certificate rumors since before the election ever took place. We all have. Have we ever seen a birth certificate that clearly identifies him? I don't think so. But, who started these rumors? Dunno - in the world of politics, are bets are off and so are most moral and ethics. Just like this video - it is one of the most intense - and funny - slams I have ever seen in a political race.

The thing that strikes me is you'd think the election was next week or something - McCain is running ad after ad after ad - the polls won't be open til' November 2! I've already decided who I am voting for, all these ads do nothing for me - and probably for most everyone else, either. I always wonder about how much time and money are spent on advertising for these elections. I would think most people are off the fence and decided quite early on who they are going to vote for. It was a no-brainer for me in the McCain v Obama deal - I had never even HEARD of Obama before he came out of the woodwork and suddenly, here is this veritable stranger that is "leading" our country?!!!

I give the man absolutely no credibility after watching the way he has been treating Israel. Go talk to IRAN like that, leave our friends over in Israel alone. Obama appears to be off on his own, saying what he pleases when he pleases to say it without giving any thought to what the majority of the American public want. I doubt the majority wants us slamming Israel and taking them to task because-----they want to build apartments in their OWN friggin' nation - or the so-called "settlement" of Jerusalem. WHO comes up with this stuff, anyway?

Craziness. I'm just along for the ride. I sincerely hope that the November elections will produce what the GOP believes it will because several more years of this nonsense is going to drive me crazy if it continues. I'm no staunch republican, either, but this health-care business and spending trillions of dollars when we HAVE no money is outrageous at best.

Off that subject. I got absolutely nothing done yesterday at home. I mean, I watered stuff and planted a couple of tomato plants but that was it. I realized I did not buy the compression elbows to finish running the 1/2 inch line around the back of the house, do that today.

I also found out about the Koi pond: the lady bought them to use for watering her horses and has no inclination of getting rid of them. Well, I don't know about spending money on such right now, I will probably let that go until I have a little better financial footing.

It IS something that I want to do - it would fit in perfectly over there on the east side of my house. Definitely. That and build a little gazebo type of thing and put my BBQ grill over there with a nice misting system. Misting systems are very cheap, wood for a gazebo could be acquired mostly for free, it's that pond that would end up costing by the time you factor in a pump and fish, plants all that kind of stuff.

Meanwhile, my vines are growing like crazy on the chain link fencing over there. I can't wait until it totally covers that thing up and blots out most of the view of my "neighbors".

Speaking of which, I sent them a letter which should be arriving today. Concerning their dogs - of whom they left unattended for 7 days. I am sure the letter will fall on deaf ears, but I figured to say it anyway. It basically stated that it's not normal to simply isolate yourselves from the rest of the people living around you, that if you weren't so unfriendly I would have taken care of their dogs for them and the fact that I put their dog back into their back yard after the thing was running around all day long, up and down the street, trampling my plants, etc. I ended it with "you're welcome".

Well, the workday approaches and I must be outta here.

C'yall later.

ben

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Lots to think about Ben. The economy will be picking up shortly. Believe it. You will be busy as all hell before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you're right, obviously. A lot of people hope you are right!
ben

Fijufic said...

I'm right but a tad bit early. Take a look at the dow jones transportation average and how it has performed these last several months. It is a very Early economic indicator of things to come...

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...