Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday

I find it quite humorous the rhetoric, slamming and new-found ways to use old phrases. "Arizona The New Nazi State". All Mexicans everywhere, apparently or at least according to these people, are totally against this immigration reform bill that is signed into law.

Now, the state is being boycotted by all kinds of corporations, the City of San Francisco and leaders all over the country decrying this "abusive" law. There is now a petition drive to get a referendum putting the law to ballot.

"Kris Kobach, a University of Missouri-Kansas City law professor who helped write the Arizona legislation, said he anticipated legal challenges and carefully drafted the language. He said the state law is only prohibiting conduct already illegal under federal law."

Of COURSE they knew this thing would be challenged. Note that this professor states that the law only prohibits conduct ALREADY illegal under federal law. Interesting. As the news continues to pour in about this, I continue to be amused. People actually believe the Phoenix police department is going to start going around asking everyone for their papers. If this were an abortion debate, then yes, I would be getting heated up about as I am strictly, totally and staunchly against abortion. You would think this bill that was passed was of the same "caliber" as that, but it is, in reality, just a law making it illegal for illegal immigrants to be in our state. It's ALREADY illegal for them to be here, the part that is getting people riled up is the push to get law enforcement to ask for documentation - WHEN THERE IS REASONABLE SUSPICION TO WARRANT SUCH.

I am supposed to take a trip to Miami today. I dunno if it's going to happen or not. I WANT to go - it would be the last thing on today's agenda and I could stop on the way back, take my 30 minute break and see if I could find some nice rocks for the waterfall. I'm not even sure if I'm still going, though. It's still in our truck routing system, but things can and often-times do change.

Our branch is having a MUCH better month than previous months in terms of sales and it's only going to go up the rest of this coming work week. That's good news, indeed.

Umm, I woke up this morning to find that Prince - the giant, black Great Dane, had had 2 accidents. 1 on the carpet, the other in the bathroom. Yuck. He woke me up in the middle of the night to go outside - a simple thing to do, really, when all one has to do is open the bedroom door and he lets himself out through the doggie door. Finding THAT on your bathroom floor when about to take a shower? Doesn't exactly give you that "clean" feeling, lol. Which - set me behind today on my pre-work rituals, meaning it's time to get offa here, cause' it's almost 6:00 am.

G'day.

ben

2 comments:

Fin said...

People opposed to this law are really pulling out all the stops. Fact is, most of their hysterical rhetoric is meaningless. "Stop the Hate". "Racism". "Country founded on Immigrants."

Conveniently overlooks the fact that this country is totally bankrupt, and that encouraging and supporting people who break the law does a real dis-service to those back in Central America who have put in papers to come here legally. If we could afford once upon a time to welcome "the wretched refuse of your teeming shore", we sure can no longer.

Good luck to you in your struggle for sanity. Hope Texas joins you soon. The feds have sure let you down completely [and way before the incumbent prez]

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's a mess. This problem started decades ago, I can't blame Obama for it but I can assess fault to him for removing funding for the fencing and keeping the same amount of Border Patrol agents as there was before he started in office. The border is chaos, I don't CARE what Janet Napolitano says about it.
ben

 Well, the trailer isn't terrible anyway. Dirty, I told them to wash it but it's in good shape. This is the new people. I didn't...