Saturday, May 1, 2010

First Pond

The first pond is in the ground, repaired, backfilled and only need be cleaned out of the dirt I accidentally spilled in there while backfilling. So, now I am going to have to go back out there and start digging down another 5 inches on the other pond, get it situated, levelled backfilled and the hardest part of this thing will be done.

Waterfall will also be challenging, but I think that might actually be fun. I'm not at that stage yet anyway, this next pond will be a bit more challenging because I want to place it in just such a way that it flows into the other pond. That may be easier said than done. However, I'm up for the challenge. I also have this berm of dirt against a portion of my back fence that I'm going to have to deal with. I will be Googling pics to see what others might have done in landscaping a small, dirt hill basically.

Meanwhile, the trailer tenant built a lean to out back and installed the shade screen material I have - it's for the dogs this summer. They simply will NOT be allowed in the house when I'm at work. I will be putting up the misters and am looking for a small evap cooler. This will sufficiently cool them during the hot summer months and I won't have to tolerate them pissing in my house when I'm not here. That's a sigh of relief, really, to get that done.

So, just a short entry (my version of a short entry, anyway). I'm going back outside to dig out that hole if possible and get it over with.

Then, I'm going to take a nap : )

No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...