Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pond Revisited
















Yes, well I will be visiting the pond situation frequently.

I carried the large rocks I acquired from Miami in the rock yard up there into the side yard and placed them next to the pond.

Enough? No. But couple those rocks with some of the larger rocks I acquired from the side of the road near Superior plus the large rocks I have been unearthing for quite some time every time I plant a plant or dug out the holes for these ponds?

I just might have enough. Construction will begin tomorrow. Acquisition of the block I need for a retaining wall will occur tomorrow morning early and the cement. This is cheap stuff here. There will be block right next to the pond as well. I can put the rather large and heavy boulder that I intend to use as the final falls on the block instead of the plastic liner for the overhang that will have water pouring into the upper pond.

I really don't want to drive clear anywhere for any more rocks and I am fairly certain I can make this work. In fact, I have determined that if I have to, I can use ALL of the rocks I got from the side of the road near Superior. Why not? Sooner or later, I will get to go up north again in the semi and I can just stop on the side of the road again, using break time to do it, and gather up another trailer box full of rocks. No special trip in the car up there, mission will be accomplished. Getting a waterfall built is far more important right now than having rocks lining the sides of the ponds. The waterfall will create a cooling effect on the water, rocks sitting on the side of the pond will do no such thing.

5 comments:

Fin said...

BG says "looking good"!

I agree.

Anonymous said...

Ben, it's looking great!

doanli

Anonymous said...

Coming right along. I can tell this is really going to turn out NICE. Good job, Ben. I can't wait to see more pictures as things progress. I hope you have a good rest of the weekend - althoug yours is extended by two days. I'm jealous!
Take care - Terri

BenB said...

It's getting there and thank you both!

Anonymous said...

Umm, thank you all 3!!
I HOPE it will look nice by the time it's done, however, "done" is a long ways off!
ben

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...