Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday

Second pond was installed late yesterday.
I did a trial run in filling both of them up and seeing if one will spill into the other without losing water all over the place - intended effect was accomplished. I already started pumping water from one pond to the other. As the project moves forward, it is getting more exhilarating simply because I can see what the outcome of it is going to be and it's going to be totally cool.

Today's doing will be to attempt to put that biofilter together. I still have no idea how I am going to cut out the large hole in the top side of the plastic bucket -maybe try to poke a hole through it and then cut it from there.

The female tenant is gone. She stated she wants to come back after her 60 days with of training exercises are over with. Meanwhile I've had several calls on the room and 2 no-shows plus 3 more people that are in various other parts of the state and are coming to Phoenix in the next couple of days and would like to look at the room.

Whatever. I don't hold rooms for anyone anymore and I tell them that directly on the phone. If the room is rented before they get here, well, there are plenty of other rooms (albeit, there aren't a lot of other rooms being rented on a temporary basis, which is what all of these people were looking for). If they REALLY wanted to hold the room, then back it up by putting a non-refundable deposit down.

Yeah, I didn't think so. Well, hopefully before too long here I will have it rented out for a day - a week - whatever I can get, really.

Sunday. Quiet. No kids bothering me and tenants are either not here or definitely aren't making any noise. Newest tenant may be having financial difficulties. She works, yes, but it has become apparent to me that she needs to learn how to budget. I'm not sure if this person is going to work out or not - when the rent is due we'll see. I'm not interested much in getting burned by non-paying people anymore and I am at the point where I will have very little tolerance for non-payers. I hate to throw people out - it's really not my nature - but something inside of me is being altered enough to simply say pay the rent or please have your things out of here by nightfall, thank you.

Well, I think I'm going to bring that plastic tub in here and start fiddling with it.

C'yall later and have a great day!
ben

2 comments:

Fin said...

I know this is basic stuff, and the people you are dealing with may be unable to do it, but requiring two months rent IN ADVANCE should reduce some of the 'late rent stress' for ya.

BenB said...

Yeah - hard to find people that are in a situation where they can afford to do that. Pretty much that people who are forced to rent rooms in other people's houses are having financial difficulties already, I just try to find people who at least are employed.

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...