Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday

17 orders on 9 stops.
This isn't a pizza delivery service I'm talking about, it's what's in our truck routing system for today. In my kind of work, that many stops is next to impossible to do in one day. Well, we'll see is all I can say about that. Certainly, I'll try : ) I smell OT in the air?!

Speaking of air, it has cooled down considerably this morning. Wow! Just when you thought the folds of earthy hell had arrived, here comes a cold front to whisk it away, if ever so temporarily.

Anyway, yesterday, I got home from work, TV on, junk, crap, yada yada, went outside, put a blanket on the ground next to the ponds and took a nice, long nap. Yes, I will be finding, sooner or later, some nice piece of outdoor furniture to put somewhere in the vicinity of those ponds as the intended effect has already be gained and I'm only half done with the setup!! Of course, a giant, black Great Dane decided to snooze next to me, and then a half Great Dane came around and laid down in the grass, followed by a third Great Dane that decided that the cement slap was for him.

Life's simple pleasures. How many of us actually engage ourselves in the simple things that life offers that don't involve having to go somewhere, put down large sums of cash and may not even be ethical to begin with? I know I have been guilty. No, I come to enjoy being more of a homebody than anything. I used to be very outgoing, parties and events and this that and the other thing. Nothing wrong with it, I guess, but it was to the exclusion of doing anything at home. I'm on the other side of that equation now and eventually? Probably find some middle ground as I am really not happy that I am not at least involved in a church somewhere.

Not blaming anyone, I just can't get past the situation that occured during the divorce almost 6 years ago now.

But I am not going into that here. NO time for it and no desire to ruin a perfectly beautiful morning thinking about such.

Instead, I'm offa here to get about the business of the day at hand.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...