Thursday, June 17, 2010

eBay: I Won, Seller Lost!

Okay, so this morning, eBay asks me through the dispute forum after the seller FINALLY replied (and totally lied) if I want to escalate this.  Meaning, eBay decides for us what's going to happen.  Again, I wrote out, quite thoroughly, my "case" against this seller.  It was all provable - easily - eBay had only to verify the facts which are already there for them to see.

I get back on my eBay account about 3 hours later and they had already resolved the dispute and closed the case!!  They deposited the entire amount for the bio-filter back into my paypal account and didn't even ask me to send the filter back to the seller!!  This seller now has 32 negatives and I think it was 30 neutrals from buyers - for the last 30 days.  That's BAD stuff, right there, I don't care if he's selling thousands of items per month, a seller should never have that many negatives in that short of a period of time. 

I have myself partially to blame for this situation, even if it ended well.  I looked at his feedback rating - it was 98. something and figured that was good enough.  I didn't pay attention to the numbers of negatives or what they had to say.  I could just have easily used another seller selling the same exact thing for only a couple bucks more.  I haven't used eBay in quite a long time - but the buyer protection program that they are doing now is totally awesome, you are covered for a purchase if you don't receive if or if it's wrong - but - you must make sure that whatever you're buying has that buyer protection logo and statement on the item before entering a bid or buying it now. 

Well, whatever, I am now $48.95 richer because of this situation and the outcome of the case, yes, that makes me happy!  I can ask for Paypal to send me a check and use it for bills around here. 

Onto other things.  Temporary tenant is gone.  He told me last night something of his situation and why he was staying here.  Seems he was driven out of his own house that was being occupied by friends that are also tenants.  The story wasn't quite detailed enough to understand how that happened, but he was a good guy here, I had no problems with him whatsoever.  That money gone, I will try to re-rent the room for another week or so before the - military reservist allegedly returns.  That woman drives me nuts, she doesn't communicate at all.  I have NO idea whether she's actually returning or not.

Diet:
I weighed myself this morning.  I know, you aren't supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I did anyway.  Down to 195.  I ate a subway chicken breast sandwich today - no mayo, no cheese,just the chicken, veggies, a thin line of mustard and some vinegar.  Weighed myself again, it was about 4 hours later.  My weight had risen 3 pounds.  How?  Well, the sandwich, of course, but also because I drink a lot of water during the day.  That subway sandwich definitely weighed nowhere NEAR 3 pounds.  It's very encouraging to see the weight loss continue, but I will try to stay away from the scale for the next several days and focus fully on keeping my caloric intake down.  WELL down, thank you.  That was the jist of my eating today.  I will maybe have some steamed veggies with a small portion of fish later on, around 5:30-ish.

I'm done.  Totally tired and going to go take nap.

ben

4 comments:

Fin said...

Always weigh yourself at the same time every day.

BenB said...

Hadn't heard that one.
On another note, I visited KCL (I rarely go there anymore), the home page was littered with posts mostly by the same people. The 50 posts listed went back to almost the 15th. This would make it appear that there are FAR fewer people posting there than there once was not too terribly long ago. I do wish there was a forum such as KCL - without all the filth. I miss the small town type of feeling of it.

Dorrie said...

too many of the former regulars don't post at KCL much anymore, some have deleted. Pity really. Even I don't write much anymore, but then I'm busy with moving and have too much other junk on my mind. I'm too tired to even comment here normally..... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Lol, gotta love moving!! Okay, I HATE moving. I will stay in the same place forever if possible just because the idea of moving all of that stuff is that reprehensible to me. I guess it is sad that everyone is basically parting ways there was a good core group of people hanging out together at one time.
Take care of yourself and get some rest when you can!
ben

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...