Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday

eBay seller - who sent me something other than what the sale was for - finally reponded.  After what, almost 3 weeks?  He TOTALLY lies - saying that "we have no communication with this buyer".  Well, eBay can and will retrieve all FIVE messages I sent this idiot through eBay's system.  What a total ass this person is. I am going to write on the feedback for him a link to my ebay description of me and put the whole story on there.  But, not until eBay makes a decision.  If I end up stuck with the filter, at least it's a brand name one, it just isn't what the ad said it was, which is a bio filter WITH a UV light, not a bio filter WITHOUT a UV light. 

I escalated the thing to let eBay decide what to do.  What will they do? I have no idea, they give themselves 72 hours to come up with a solution.  I asked they cancel the guy's account, he has almost 30 negatives in the last month, that's a staggering amount of negatives for one, single seller.  Hey, you take a risk buying on eBay, I have never thought or said you don't.  I probably would not, however, ever buy a big ticket item through it, too much risk of losing your money. 

I received the UV sterilizer yesterday.  The review I had read says the connectors are cheap plastic - and they are.  However, I found out I don't NEED those connectors/reducers.  My hose is big enough to fit over the outlet on the sterilizer itself, eliminating the need for reducers.  This seller also sent me the wrong sterilizer, I paid for a 9 watt version, he sent me an 18 watt version.  Yes, I got a better product, but I am going to alert this seller what they did.  I have no money right now to spend on anything but the bare essentials.  There will BE no more money spent on ponds and such at this point.  What I have I am going to have to make work, period. 

Meanwhile, an 80 MILE stretch of area along the border on the U.S. side has been closed due to an "uptick in violence".  80 miles of border that apparently aren't being patrolled at all.  This is pure insanity.  4 years of this president will not pass quickly enough, hopefully there is no permanent or undoable damage in the interim. 

Well, I spent my pre-work time going over this eBay thing, so, didn't have much time to write here.  No biggies.

C'yall later.
ben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 80 mile situation really angers me too.

Anonymous said...

Good ole gummint, now wants authority to shut down the internet.

Prob is, prolly the sheeple will be glad they are being 'protected' from 'terrorism' and will not rise up in fury and say NO MORE!

BenB said...

I think the people are rising up at least in one way by doing away with the politicians that are creating this mess. Let the voters do something. I have no idea what it would actually take to have an uprising of the people against the government. Seems in this day and age people won't actually do anything. More crap is coming down the pike, Obama's agenda is FAR from over. He wants control of EVERYTHING. The only thing that can change this tide is if enough of those idiot politicians are voted out and a core group of people who will stand up to this lunacy are put in their place. I saw the internet thing - ghastly at best. Unbelievable.

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...