Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday

I'm walking out the door, down the driveway beside my house - as I am want to do every morning - Great Danes in tow - actually beside me.  It's rather humorous to be able to walk and pet your dogs at the same time.  Lol.  The guy comes out of the trailer, I thought he was drunk at first, then I remembered he doesn't drink.
No, definitely not drunk, more like agonizing pain.  He looked BAD.  I asked him what's wrong with him, he said he was going back to the hospital.  I asked him how he was getting there - bus.  He's going to take a bus to a hospital that is 20 miles away like that?  I informed him that as bad as looked and sounded, he might want to consider calling an ambulance.  I do not have the time to drive that far out of my way in the morning, or I would have taken him there myself.  For some reason, they tell him to go to the Banner hospital in far east Mesa instead of the nearest hospital.

Those people live a rough life, that's all I can say about it.  Especially considering his age, in his mid 60's I believe. 

Well, anyway, it's already Wednesday and I am planning on turning in paperwork to ask for the entire week of the Independence Day holiday off.  Perfect time of year to not work: in the middle of the hot summer.  I don't care if it's another staycation, I have the hours, I want the time off. Also concerning, work, I was hoping for at least some consideration in filling the now-vacated inside salesman position - the guy moved to Pennsylvania I think  - they are not going to fill the position, instead they are simply going to dump his work off on to others. 

I'm looking at pics of waterfalls attempting to determine how to build the top of the thing.  I have yet to decide.  I am just going to go home today after work, make a form for a small pool at the top, mix and pour the cement and see what I end up with.  The cost?  A bag and a half of cement lost if it isn't what I want.

Well, anyway, the work day approacheth.   A man showed up shortly after I arrived at work this morning and sort of ate up my pre-work, off the clock time for a part he needed - which means 6:00am is almost here.

G'day.

ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben! I hope you are doing well. I haven't commented in a bit so I thought I'd drop by to say Hi. Taking the entire July 4th week sounds like a great plan. I'm getting ready to put in for some time off, too. I can't wait to see your ponds/waterfall when it's all done - I know it's going to look beautiful. Anyway, I hope your backyard renter is okay and it's nothing too serious. I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing for these people and it's too bad there aren't more people in the world like you, Ben.
Take care - Terri

BenB said...

Hi Terri!
The lady side of the couple came home for a short time to get some clothes today. She said the mesh stuff used to help close up the incision had become infected - severely infected according to docs - and that's what was causing the pain. I figure he's going to be in the hospital for at least several days, if not much longer.
I like to help people when I can.
I keep forgetting to put in for the week of the 4th off, I have already talked to 2 managers and other drivers, it shouldn't be a problem. It would actually be a total of 9 days off with 2 weekends on either side of it.
I'm guessing it's going to be quite a while before that project is totally done!
Thanks for stopping by.
ben

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...