Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday

8 hours away from the beginning of a very long vacation. Or less. If there is nothing going on today, I will ask to leave early and start it even earlier. There is only one thing to do in our truck routing system and that's a pickup going to the main branch in downtown Phoenix.

Perusing the news this morning:
I still find it unbelievable that a person that has never been a judge is being considered for a spot on the Supreme Court. For that alone I hope Kagan is not put into that position.

More sanctions against Iran? "Tough new sanctions" as the news put it as Obama signs the - whatever - decree I guess. Meaningless, totally and absolutely meaningless. Iran's stupid president will get on some talk show somewhere around the world and spout off about it and brush it off. There will be no change from Iran. You want to get Iran's attention, go over there and bomb the nuke facilities - that's the ONLY way. I'm not into war, I'm not into the terrorism that might ensue on our own soil, but they're going to bring it to us sooner or later, we might as well start now. A nuclear Iran? Unacceptable. Time is running out, I'm sure the Israeli government is well aware of that and I'm just as sure they have plans on the table to do what we apparently are too yellow-bellied to do ourselves: take out the nuke facilities, all known locations.

I sort of like Schwarzenneger as governor, but I'd rather he do a few more movies before his "time" is up. He doesn't back down, from what I can see, to any of this rhetoric going on over there with their state budget that is at an impasse. His latest move to reduce state worker pay to minimum wage? Interesting. Once the budget is passed, those workers get their back pay - back. Dunno, I have serious issues with CA anyway right now with their boycotting our state. More and more people are jumping on the reverse boycott bandwagon. Boycott them back. 2 billions dollars per year are spend by Arizonans IN California on tourism related activities alone. Take some of that away and see how they like it.

Speaking of that, Obama's worthless immigration speech yesterday. I caught about 2/3rd's of it. It's the same rhetoric that has been spewed out by presidents before him for decades now. Nothing will change, nothing will be done, hence AZ's new law. It's only a start, but it IS a start. I am reading about a bloody shootout that occured overnight on the Mexico side of the border, but very near AZ's border. 21 killed, it says, in Mexican drug gang battle.

It's not going to get better. Mexico's president wants a say in a lawsuit against the Arizona bill, the freak should get his head out of his @$$ and start dealing with his nation's OWN, very severe problems going on right now instead of attempting to interfere with the internal dealings of another nation.

Well, the news, as always, full of cheery, rosy stuff. No biggies, it's been going on forever - violence, hatred, political grand standing. I get a little concerned about the border violence because I'm less than 200 miles away from the border.

Anyway, work day approaches. I have a mind full of things that I am thinking about, especially how to pay for this month - homewise and all related bills. It'll work out if all of my tenants pay - if one of them doesn't, it's going to be a rough road. Very rough road, indeed.

G'day.
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...