Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday

Friday, at last.

I’m still just shaking my head about all this preparation for court and then, getting there and finding out the rep from the State of Arizona isn’t there, isn’t going to be there, therefore case dismissed. One person came out of the courtroom with an attorney. I’ll bet she’s reeling a bit about having to pay that lawyer for …….. nothing. Lol.



Well, anyway, it’s dark and overcast this morning. On the drive to work, they were talking about how it’s raining all over the place. They have BEEN saying that for days. Yes, well, in no place that I have been in the valley, including my home, have I seen a single drop of rain. I WISH it would rain at my house!! I think today’s high because of this weather is going to be low 100’s or high 90’s.



Neighborhood news:

Juice, the nickname for one of the black brothers that comes over to my house, had to go to court yesterday. He was riding another kid’s mini bike on the street a while back and crashed into a UPS truck. It WASTED his leg, he spent 2 days in the hospital and it was a month before he was walking right again. He was in extreme pain and his leg looked pathetic. He never came back. He is in juvenile detention. He was already on probation for shoplifting at Fry’s Electronics sometime last year. Going to juvi last year got his attention: neither he nor his brother go around trying to steal stuff from stores anymore. But, because he was on probation, buh-bye.



Next door neighbor, the one with the giant, 40-foot trailer that I called the city about. That trailer is gone, he is in Michigan, but it’s obvious they are not happy with me. I couldn’t care less. That thing had been parked there for months, blocking the entire view of the street going west. His ex-girlfriend started ragging on one of the boys about one of my tenant’s cars being parked in his driveway. Yes, well, he told her she could park it there, I wasn’t even a part of that equation. If I ever get out of that neighborhood, it won’t be soon enough.



Matthew: Another of the black brothers. He locked the gate open some time ago and I banned him from my property. I tend to get upset when the gate is left open and the potential for my dogs getting out. Well, it’s been months and he just last night finally came back and profusely apologized for the act, as well as getting an attitude at the time (which is what really triggered me to tell him to take a hike), tears in his eyes, the whole 9 yards. I’m not heartless, he’s a good kid otherwise, he has no parents (present) – one is in prison the other left those kids long ago, moved to Philadelphia and that was the end of that, their grandmother, 84 years old I believe, is taking care of them along with help from extended family (so kudos to the grandmother for doing that for those kids, otherwise they would all be separated and sent to wherever).



Ponds:

I haven’t done any digging for 2 days now. I intend on getting out there this weekend and digging away. Perfect weather for doing that is right NOW, it’s actually “nice” out there, certainly in context to the weather we have been seeing. My electric usage at home should go down, at least for today, because of the cooler temps. My 8, large goldfish are doing very well. I’m telling you, if 2 of them aren’t carrying eggs, then they are very fat fish.



News: As usual, North Korea is threatening both the U.S. and South Korea, saying they will intervene militarily if the intended war games/practice/whatever occurs this weekend. Does anyone really believe these mouthy, arrogant, SOB’s are going to strike the U.S. military? An act of war? Would we just sit there and let them destroy our ships and our servicemen and women on those ships? No, I didn’t think so, and I am sure they are well aware of that. But, I love watching the news about this stuff. You know, I am not a Clinton fan, but she does take a pretty firm and strong stance against this kind of crap and doesn’t back down. I don’t want her for a president, but I don’t know that she’s doing a bad job in her present position.



Oil: Well, I just hope the cap holds, what else is there to say? You can’t tell Mother Nature not to send storms over the ocean. I mean, I certainly don’t expect those BP crews to stay out there while the seas go crazy and pose potential life-threatening hazards.



Immigration: 7 people went to jail yesterday after protesting in downtown Phoenix against the Immigration Bill. The court is hearing arguments – well now the arguments are over – and opponents are hoping for a temporary injunction. I support the bill, I hope there is no injunction and that the law goes into effect next Thursday. We’ll see – but if the signs of trouble are in the air as they appear to be, violence may be the next thing these opponents resort to.



Well, the work day approaches. There is a lot to do in our truck routing system – but – if it rains, that will shut down jobsites. I dunno, but it’s only 7 and a half hours til’ the end of this work week : )



G’day.



ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...