Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday

Got up at 7:00am, shave/shower/dress, out the door. Took Caleb to Albertson's where he gets to try his hand at his first day of work - an 8 hour shift. I asked him what time he went to bed - midnight! "I'm not used to going to bed early yet". I informed him after 8 hours of standing and moving and working, he'll be quite ready to go to bed much earlier : )

I hope it doesn't affect his job performance today - but - he got the job all on his own, he can deal with any consequences on his own. I have read about parents intervening in their kid's workplace - an unfathomable idea to me. Only if they were somehow abusing him - managers yelling/berating/threatening - I do not tolerate such from the workplace from anyone, I don't care what the title is, you can get your point acros without the yelling, without the threatening and definitely without the berating/humiliation - then they would have to deal with papa. Even then, only if he asked for such intervention (which I doubt he would) Otherwise, it's all good. And it's a good life experience. Unless he figures a way out to get rich quick, he's going to be working the rest of his life, the earlier he starts, the better as far as I'm concerned.

On the way home, a stop at McDonald's. I love McDonald's coffee - I love their food, too, but in these days I have to take a pass on it for diet's sake. Then to Home Depot. Had to buy another door handle for the bathroom, I have tried twice already, they don't sell the correct hardware, I had to buy an adapter deal and then when that didn't work, I also had to buy a different style door handle to make it work. Haven't started on that yet, as when I got home, I decided the kitchen floor was dirty enough and got to sweeping and mopping it.

Next up: living room and rest of house carpeting. I may even use the carpet cleaning on the heavy traffic stuff - hallway and an area in the living room where kids walk through. If I ever get new carpeting in there, shoes are going to be banned from that area permanently.

That's my day thus far, and it's only 9:30. I'm just trying to get geared up in the mind for work tomorrow. I don't WANT to do anything - 9 straight days off are great, excepting for what it did to my mind in terms of working, I wanted to laze around and I did - much more than I have in probably a couple of years anyway.

You know what? It's easier to keep moving and stay moving, cause' when you think you're ready to get back into the swing of things, well, I can tell you starting yesterday and moving into today, it ain't as easy as I thought it would be. Not even close. I feel like going back to bed, honestly, all the more reason to drive myself to get the stuff done around here that I normally would - and then some - on a Sunday.

Dunno what's in store tomorrow at work. Hopefully there will be orders to pull and deliveries to make.

As for now, going to finish something else I was doing on the net and then - back to housecleaning.

Happy Sunday = this is the day that the Lord hath made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!
ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...