Thursday, August 19, 2010

3 days in a row now I have weighed in at 194 pounds.  I hit it 2 or 3 weeks ago and then went back up.  I had hoped I would have broken the 180 barrier by now - but - whatever.  I'm determined to get down there.  When the weather cools - will it ever - I will start walking and exercising again. 

Ballys is offering me a year membership at $99.  Yes, for the entire year.  I had a lifetime membership that only required a monthly service fee after the thing was paid off - that took a long time to do so.  I let the service fee go and lost it - a LONG time ago.  I could take an alternate way home from work that would not add any mileage and hit the gym - for what, $8 per month? and get some aerobics and free weights going.

I have absolutely no funds to do that right now, but they offer me this deal every month.  For years.  I paid the price, that's a fact - but another fact is that when I had that membership, I USED it to the nth degree.  I remember a big van had showed up out front of that place one day and were doing free body fat tests.  I measured - at that time - at 4.9% body fat.  I wasn't just skinny, I was lean - lots of muscle, toned, in good shape.  Not even near that now and neither would getting to that body fat proportions even be a goal.  I just want to get back into shape.  I am 2 pounds into the "ideal range"  - I have been out of that for quite a while now - maybe 2 years anyway. 

I'll tell you what got me cooking even more on this diet.  I read a local news story that fully 25% of Arizonans? Are OBESE.  That's unbelievable.  The story was obesity and didn't go into numbers of the adult population here that is overweight.  I had NO idea.  That is a staggering percentage of just the AZ population that is beyond overweight. 

If this nation is headed towards morbid obesity; obesity and overweight and the scientific facts that allegedly declare that that alone leads to more health problems - a lot more health problems and if it's true that it's of pandemic proportions, then perhaps there is merit to giving people that are in their normal/ideal weight range a huge discount, a rebate, whatever, for being in such condition. 

IF we are going to subsidize everything else - a thing that just frustrates me to no end, then perhaps we should do such in an arena where the desired benefit from doing such is a much healthier society? 

My Danes.  Doing well, of course. I always take care of my dogs as best as I can.  They sleep alot - it's a dog's life, yes?  However, they are not fat, obese, overweight - whatever.  I limit snacks.  They mostly only eat dog food.  I handed out an entire loaf of bread today split between  all of them - I am perfectly sure they could have eaten 4 loaves and would have wanted more.  They love walks - but I have refrained in this heat.  I take them 1/4 mile and they appear to be next-to-death with panting so heavy you'd think they had just been shot.


Waiting for cooler weather.  I will be much more active and if I can stay on this diet - I will lost much more weight.  Humidity and high temps are killers.  High temps - 110 today with 50% humidity this morning. 

Much more? Yes.  However, it's 8:30 pm and I think I am going to go to bed.

G'nite.

ben

4 comments:

Pastor Larry said...

I am dealing with those last few pounds of weight loss too and it is the most difficult. Keep at it my friend. I am praying for your success.

Anonymous said...

Friday

Well looky here, it's Friday!! Facing another weekend and the potential of going to the same church twice, well, all I know is one thing: it's going to be HOT this weekend and I probably will feel like doing nothing again.

I am so ever-loving through with this summer and the heat you just don't know. I can't stand it. This summer has been worse than any in recent memory because of the high humidity factor. I don't remember the humidity levels being as high as the have been especially on days when the temps are getting up into the 110 arena.

The DC shipment just arrived. This guy shows up before we start - every Friday - and expects me to deal with it before I am signed in and before our store is opened. I always forget to lock the front door after I come in (therefore eliminating this man taking up my free time before work starts) - I did not forget today : )

If a CUSTOMER shows up early, then yes, I will deal with a customer, but this guy KNOWS our hours of operations yet feels no compulsion at all about coming in here and basically forcing my to deal with him. Just a bit irritating is how I will address it. Of course, I did remember to lock it once a long time ago - this guy had the gall to come to the window on the side of the building and try to get my attention. I completely ignored him.

Anyway, they FINALLY caught those fugitives - the guy that escaped from prison and then allegedly, with another escapee, killed an elderly couple in New Mexico. I have very foul feelings for people that do something as evil and selfish as an action such as that towards innocent human beings. Kudos to law enforcement for not giving up or even slowing down until they found those beasts. Why did this guy have to end those people's lives? I will never understand such actions because they are incomprehensible.

Meanwhile, a "giant oil plume" lurks underwater near the BP spill. The idea that this oil just "disappeared" - as some experts have stated - is ludicrous at best. WHERE did it "disappear" to? A spacecraft come down from the heavens, suck it all up and walaah, it's all gone?

Oh, and I think I'll not be eating any eggs anytime soon - not that I eat them that often anyways. Well, better yet, just make sure they're from a local source - we have plenty of them around here. I'm referring to the salmonella outbreak that is linked to tainted eggs and 1,300 cases so far being attributed to those eggs.

Well, the work day is here, the dude is outside, I have to get offa here, get signed in and get moving. Of course, that will only take a few minutes and unfortunately, there is NOTHING in our truck routing system to do today........

G'day.

ben

Anonymous said...

Keeping on a tight budget here at home has helped me lose a few pounds, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

I struggled today - there was not much to do and it gets too easy to think about eating something to pass the time. I did not succumb - but it wasn't easy!
ben

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...