Monday, August 9, 2010

Malware

I couldn't find malware in the directory and files on my computer if you paid me to.  That's why I have Avast, to see that stuff before it installs itself on my computer and remove the threat.

Well, my computer has been running extremely slow lately.  I don't just mean on the internet, I mean doing anything on the puter'.  Which had me suspicious - I know how to clean everything up to make it run faster.

Today, Avast took over my computer, put a screen the size of the monitor screen up telling me that there are "suspcious files" on your computer and that we "think these may be malware" and asking for permission for their techs to take a look.  There were at least 50 files and they all had the same beginning letters and numbers.

I clicked okay, Avast sent them into cyberspace and immediately, my computer started running like a lightning strike.

How long will it last?  I'm guessing not long.  It seems you don't have to do much to get malware - just visit a website and bam, there you go.  If my anti-malware service can't even keep up with this stuff, I have no clue.  Buying a new computer does nothing - malware doesn't care if your computer is new or old. 

Pond.

That hole? Is getting larger and larger and larger and I have hauled a LOT of dirt out of there.  I keep thinking I am getting close and then realize I still have quite a lot to go.  I had no idea that this large pre-formed pond was THAT large to have to remove that quantity of dirt.  I got quite a lot done today on it, but I can hardly say that yes, tommorrow it will be ready.  It's taking forever to get this one hole dug is all Ican say and I am also happy that this is the BIGGEST pond, the rest are smaller so much less dirt to dig out. 

Diet.

This is the time of day when it gets harder to deal with it. I try not to eat anything after 6:00 pm.  My last food was around 5.  I'm going to bed early tonight - 8:30 - which is in 15 minutes so that should be relatively easy as today?  I'm not really that hungry right now.  2, thin pork chops with some mashed potatoes.  This morning was a oven roasted subway sub sandwich, no mayo, no cheese, no dressing.  I hit 194 last week but today was up to 197.  Not a big deal, that's the way this thing has been going the entire time. 

Work.  The third, huge return of this month was done today.  We do not normally get huge returns, much less 3 of them in a week's time.  When the returns hit the books, all the deliveries I have made thus far this month will not add up to enough to equal the amount of the returns, I don't think anyway, and we will be in the negative. 

Life in general.
Pretty, petite blonde walking through my kitchen today, a friend of one of the female tenants. Rather flirtatious is how I will put it. 
3 ladies there including the tenant, all 3 of them were out looking for work today.  Bummer on that, we all know how lovely the job market is right now.  It is almost non-existent concerning new positions opening up.

Well, I'm going to bed.

G'nite.

ben

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday

War is coming. I don't mean an Iraqi war, or even an Afghanistan war - but, the Bible does say that wars and rumors of war will always be around.

Alright, it's probably, mostly rhetoric.
Iran claims it is digging mass graves for U.S. Soldiers as, they claim, if there is a strike against Iran, they are going to hit whatever military bases are in the region, which, apparently, there is one that isn't too terribly far away.

The same as North Korea threatening "Sacred War" when the joint forces of the U.S. and South Korea were doing military exercises in the East Sea. I mean, really, if Iran was really digging out mass graves - which would be a pathetic waste of time IMO - why not show the pics of the excavation equipment that is being used to dig them?

In such an operation, you would have a giant trackhoe (excavator) with a giant loader. Trackoe digs up the ground, loader scoops it up as it is dumped into a pile next to the trackhoe's operations and hauls it off. It either builds a mountain somewhere nearby or is dumping the dirt into waiting dumptrucks.

I see these operations at construction sites every single day. However, none of those sites that I have seen are mass graves being dug out.

The fact of the matter is, if we did a pre-emptive strike, I doubt that strike would be aimed at any civilian population. It would, rather, be done by air and would strike the facilities that are allegedly being used to potentially develop nuclear war heads.

The only graves they would need are the ones for whoever might be AT the facilities that are being targeted. Iran has already noted in several different statements over the years that the U.S. and Israel should be annihilated. This is nothing new coming from them.

North Korea, meanwhile, shoots off 110 rounds as some sort of "deterrent" or agressor against South Korea. South Korea is starting to sound like a broken record: there will be serious reprisals if they do it again. They obviously don't want war or it would already be well underway with the sinking of one of ttheir subs by NK. I don't blame them for not wanting war, but where is the line drawn? How much more does NK have to do before they say enough is enough? NK apparently DOES want war, but at the same time, they want to be able to say that SK and the U.S. started it against them so that they can look good, especially to China, instead of looking like the extreme aggressor they really are.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I copied and pasted the last half of this entry and then - forgot and copied and pasted something else for work. So, the last portion of this entry is gone - forever. No biggies and.......have a great day!

ben

Fijufic said...

Ben,

Avast is one of the absolute best malware programs I have ever used. I also use Ccleaner when I power down to wipe my registry clean.

Not much you can do. Malware is out there...It is the world we live in.

Bobby

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BenB said...

I have had Avast for years now. I don't know what Ccleaner is, but I'll see if I can find it online. I know malware is out there, but it sucks. Enough of it just slows your computer to a crawl's pace.
ben

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...